To provide scholarships to encourage and enable academically talented but financially needy students to complete their baccalaureate degree in Mathematics or Computer Science and enter the STEM workforce.
- Increase the number of graduates in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Increase college enrollment of under-represented minority students in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Improve the educational opportunities for students in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Increase retention and graduation rates of students in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Improve student access to and utilization of support programs available at the university
- Strengthen partnerships between the university, local school districts, local STEM educational organizations and local STEM industries