Fusion Freshman Interest Groups
What are Fusion Freshman Interest Groups?
Fusion Freshman Interest Groups (Fusion FIGs) at Fayetteville State University connect campus living with classroom learning. Fusion FIGs allow students to opt into living in the same residence hall, enroll in shared courses, and participate in numerous activities amongst students with similar academic goals and interests. It is NOT mandatory to participate in the residential aspect to be a part of a Fusion FIG.
Fall 2016 Fusion FIGs
- Bronco Men
- This Fusion FIG is designed to increase the overall success of all males through active learning and peer support, formally and informally. This Fusion FIG promotes responsibility and academic and career goal achievement. Through integration of social and educational activities, male students will become well-rounded college students. Academic support will include the Writing and Math Centers, Supplemental Instruction, Peer Academic Leaders, and evening support services. Career exploration, leadership opportunities, and interactive workshops are at the forefront of the Bronco Men Fusion FIG.
- Bronco Women
- This Fusion FIG is designed to explore experiences of all females to improve their success. By integrating social and academic activities, formally and informally, this Fusion FIG will emphasize positive self-images and encourage positive, social networking. Academic support will include the Writing and Math Centers, Supplemental Instruction, Peer Academic Leaders, and evening support services. Though peer mentoring, career exploration, leadership opportunities, workshops and symposiums, and engaging social events, Bronco Women will truly enjoy their college journeys!
Benefits of joining a Fusion FIG:
- Co-curricular experiences
- Increased interaction with faculty
- Enriched academic support services
- Ability to develop effective study groups with peers
- Lifelong friendships built with students who share common interests
- Ability to opt into living with students (and sometime faculty/staff) who share common interests
Read our brochure for more information. You can also access the Bronco Men application here and the Bronco Women application here.