Upward Bound Provides . . .
- Academic instruction in math through pre-calculus, English, Spanish, and science.
- Tutorial services in English, science, Spanish, math, and other high school courses.
- Guidance on secondary school reentry and entry into programs of post-secondary education.
- Academic advice and assistance in secondary school course selection.
- Personal, academic, educational, financial, social and career counseling.
- Exposure to a variety of colleges and universities, academic programs, as well as cultural events and other activities not usually available to disadvantaged youth.
- Mentor programs involving FSU faculty, staff and students.
- Supplementary academic skills workshops such as study skills, note taking and test taking skills.
- Exposure to careers in which disadvantaged individuals are particularly under-represented.
- Orientation workshops for parents and guardians.
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications.
- Assistance in preparing for the SAT and ACT.
Upward Bound Students . . .
- Attend weekly instructional classes, tutorial sessions and academic support workshops during the academic year.
- Attend plays, musical productions and visit historical and cultural sites.
- Participate in the Summer Bridge Program.
- Reside on Fayetteville State University's campus during the Summer Residential Program.