Cyber Security (Minor)
With rapidly growing popularity of Internet-connected electronic devices and systems, cybercrimes are affecting governments, organizations and individuals. The cybersecurity minor program offers you the knowledge and tools to mitigate a variety of cyber attacks.
Why Choose Cyber Security?
A cyber security minor could help you understand the risks and vulnerabilities in cyber systems, learn how to use security mechanisms and cryptographic algorithms to protect electronic devices and networked systems. Particularly for computer science majors, earning a cyber security minor degree could add significant value and help you stand out from other computer professionals.
What Will You Learn?
- Learn the fundamentals of information security in both theory and practice
- Familiarize with key principles including confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, authorization and non-repudiation
- Introduce yourself to threat models, auditing, accountability, basic concepts of cryptography
- Create a framework for understanding operations, physical, network, OS and application security
- Study mobile and web security
- Explore threats, malwares and mitigations
For more information, please visit the Cyber security (Minor) Program Catalog.