Accounting involves the process of management, statistics, mathematics, and finance which is very helpful in attaining a career in this field.
Why Choose Accounting?
If you are interested in utilizing technology (such as computers and accounting software) to facilitate and enhance accounting and financial reporting processes into a career field of Accounting, you should choose this degree. Based on your interests, you will be taking courses geared towards:
- Data processing
Find more information, including course description, on Major in AccountingFind more information, including course description, on Minor in Accounting for Business Major and Minor in Accounting for Non-business Major
What Will You Learn?
As an Accounting Major, you will be taught an amount of both elective and required courses in Accounting that will help you learn to:
- Use clear and concise communication to convey relevant financial and non-financial information so that decision makers can formulate informed decisions
- Utilize technology (such as computers, accounting software information databases) to facilitate and enhance accounting and financial reporting processes
- Identify the appropriate managerial and business issues critical to analyzing accounting data and other information used for identifying and assessing opportunities and risks, developing organizational plans, allocating resources, and accomplishing objectives
- Employ national, international, and historical perspectives to analyze accounting and business issues
- Identify ethical issues associated with accounting and business situations and apply appropriate principles of ethics and civic responsibility
- Use analytical and research tools to monitor evolving accounting standards and practices and to maintain professional skills in a changing business environment
What Will You Do?
Studying Accounting can provide so many opportunities for you as a whole. Most students go on to attain influential careers in the accounting field such as an accountant, a banker, and even working for a very successful company.
- Corporate Entertainment Accountant
- Apparel Industry Accountants
- F.B.I. Agent specializing in Accounting
- Cost Accountant
- Credit Analysis Manager
- Tax Accountant
- Treasury Analyst
- Cost Estimator
- Government Accountant
- Budget Analyst
- Chief Financial Officer