Marketing is one of the key aspects in business. Marketing is the process that starts off the creation of a product or service and ends with the consumer purchase of the product or service. Marketing is a great career path for Advertising Sales Representative, Market Research Analyst, Marketing Coordinator and much more.
Why choose Marketing for a degree program?
The Department of Marketing offers:
A B.S. in Marketing: You should choose this degree if you plan on doing market research, advertising/promoting, public relations and sales for a career. When you decide to pick marketing for you major you will take some courses of:
- Introduction of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Sales Management/Retail Management
- Business to Business Marketing
- Public Relations
- Marketing Research
Find more information, including course description, on Major in Marketing
Find more information, including course description, on Minor in Marketing for Non-business Major
What will you learn?
As a marketing major, you will take required and elective courses in business and marketing. These courses will teach you to:
- How to develop effective marketing and communication strategies
- Identifying or creating a marketing strategy
- Identifying market segments
- Learn about data collection and analysis
- Learn how to network and work effectively with other professionals
What will you do?
Studying marketing opens doors to a variety careers that are important to different businesses and in today society marketing is a key component for a product and service.
- Advertising Sales Representative
- Media Buyer
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Account Manager
- Brand Manager
- Sales Representative
- Survey Researcher
- Development Officer
- Insurance Agent