The people at FSU make all the difference. Whether you are a student, alumni, faculty & staff, or local employer, find resources here to help you connect and engage with one another at FSU.
Julius Cook - Fayetteville, NC
Military Veteran & the owner of Bezzie's Home Style Foods, current MBA student
The MBA program at Fayetteville State University is committed to giving all our students personalized attention, world-class education, consistent support, and flexible, affordable options to achieve their career goals.
About our Students
Our MBA students hail from a variety of leading local, national, and international institutions. About 15% come from Fayetteville State's undergraduate program. Another 7% are international students. The rest come from a diverse mixture of over 100 universities, both private and public.
RESOURCES RELATED TO COURSES AND CURRICULUM
RESOURCES RELATED TO YOUR FSU EXPERIENCE
As you've served your country, you have demonstrated commitment, integrity, and leadership. Let us help you translate your military success by teaching you practical ways to implement your skills in a business setting.
UNCFSU takes our commitment to military and veteran personnel and their families seriously. Located in Fayetteville, less than 10 minutes from Ft. Bragg, we understand first hand the perspective of the active duty and activated reserve student. As such, we have designed our MBA program to make available the monetary, personnel and facility resources necessary to provide the same quality educational experience for service members and their families as those enjoyed by our on-campus students.
Our motto is "People First - Mission Always" as we continue to seek ways to become a best-value provider of soldiers' educational needs. Learn more about how our program has been designed with you in mind and how you can use VA benefits to afford your education.
FSU Ranked #1 Best for Vets in NC
If you're in the military and an MBA student at FSU, you have a lot to balance: a nontraditional work schedule, class assignments, family life, and other obligations.
We've been educating and serving military MBA students for 30 years. Since 2009, FSU has been awarded nearly $1 million in grant funding to establish and maintain a Veteran's Business Outreach Center. Our commitment to our service members runs deep, and that's why we offer you exclusive benefits:
- GMAT Waiver: For all service members who have honorably served in the U.S. military.
- Military Class Credit: We offer the ability to waive out of classes with prior education and military experiences, subject to approval.
- VA Benefits: Certified for the G.I. Bill. Learn more below about how to receive VA benefits.
- Personalized Attention: Small class sizes and our technology suite for distance learning put you in direct interaction with faculty, staff, and fellow learners. While the whole program is flexible, we are committed to working with you especially during deployments.
Receiving VA Benefits
As FSU has agreed to EO 13607, "Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members," we are a VA-approved institution, with the MBA degree as one of our approved programs.In order to receive VA Benefits, you have to:
- Be admitted to the university
- Be registered for courses
- Provide a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility
- If you have used benefits at a previous college, submit a Change of Place of Training Form (22-1995 or 22-5495 for Ch. 35 students)
- Determine which benefits you want to use
- Apply through the VA Online App (call 1-888-GIBILL1 for help)
- Complete the FSU MBA admissions and application requirements
- Reactivate your enrollment status each term that you are enrolled
- If you are a Ch. 30, 1606, or 1607 student, verify monthly attendance in WAVE
Verifying your veteran status is easy! Choose one of three methods:
- DD214 or NGB22 forms, official discharge documents
- Copy of current military ID
- Most recent education benefit letter from the VA
Learn more about the latest in alumni news, fill out a form to keep in touch with us, and donate to help CBE thrive!
Learn more about Alumni Affairs at FSU.
Whether you seek a referral for an upcoming position or want to discuss the partnership opportunities, you can find the talent in the FSU MBA students. Contact us to learn more.
Sometimes, you may not want a single intern. Instead, you may have a project that could be a great way to provide a small team or entire class with experience solving a real-world problem. Example industry-academic collaborations with the FSU MBA program include a semester-long, in-depth marketing campaign plan for federal contracting; aggregation of regional-specific data to support report development; and a thorough review of corporate policies and procedures to recommend ways to prepare for certification audits such as ISO 9000.
The FSU MBA program is always looking for opportunities to partner with strategic business professionals. Perhaps you want to build a strong pipeline for next generation talent. Maybe teaching has been a dream of yours, but you don't have time to deliver a formal course. Or you just want to give back in an impactful way.
FSU MBA students come with a wealth of knowledge, and are eager to put their skills into practice for your organization. We have previously had students intern at a variety of local and international companies within the healthcare, finance, and IT industries, as well as at government agencies such as the Department of Defense, NASA, and other federal and state agencies.
We welcome to Contact Us to explore the opportunities for collaboration, becoming a member or requesting an intern!