Birth through Kindergarten (Class A Level Licensure)
Why Choose To Add On a License in B-K?
Do you want to serve as a resource in enhancing the quality of services provided to infants, toddlers, preschool, and kindergarten children? If so, this add- on licensure is for you. Candidates who seek an add-on A level license in B-K must already hold a North Carolina A- Level license in a teaching area.
Please visit our Program of Study for more information. See Department Chair for specific information regarding previous coursework that may apply.
What Will You Learn?
- growth and development in young children
- design and implementation of developmentally appropriate learning environments for young children
- developmentally and functionally appropriate curricula
- working collaboratively with families
- screening and assessment procedures
- current instructional principles, research, and appropriate assessment practices
- culturally appropriate practices
- incorporating technology into the curriculum
What Can You Do With a License in B-K?
- Early childhood Education teacher in public and nonpublic Pre-K and kindergarten classrooms
- Employment with Development Day Centers
- Employment with child care centers and programs