Reading Education (Class A Level Licensure)
Why Choose to Add-on a Licensure in Reading Education?
Do you want to increase your competitiveness and become more qualified in the field of education? If so, this add-on license is for you. The Add-on licensure in Reading provides educators with the opportunity to complete the requirements for the North Carolina A-Level Reading License. Candidates who seek an add-on A-level license in Reading must already hold a North Carolina A-level license in a teaching area.
Please visit our Program of Study for additional information.
What will you learn?
- foundations of literacy
- innovative research-based teaching strategies
- integrating technology and literacy instruction
- literacy skills needed in the 21st century
- literacy development
- literacy instruction across the grades
- trends and issues in literacy education
- diagnosing reading problems
- literacy assessment
- teaching reading to culturally diverse students
What Can You Do With a Licensure in Reading Education
- Reading Specialist (K-12)
- Reading Teacher (K-12)
- Instructional/Literacy Coach
- Curriculum Facilitator/Specialist