Department of Middle Grades, Secondary and Specialized Subjects (MSSS)
About the Department
The Department of Middle Grades, Secondary and Specialized Subjects (MSSS) faculty provide transformative and meaningful learning experiences for our students so that the art of teaching becomes an objective for ongoing and thoughtful inquiry. The MSSS Department is further committed to preparing educators who are capable of:
- Responding to the state/public expectations for 21st Century Schools.
- Teaching academic content using the most current technology.
- Developing content subject matter connections with diverse learners within their cultural and global contexts.
- Balancing teaching practices and complex learning/behavioral environments.
- Reflecting/behavior on an ongoing basis; and engaging in professional development activities that enhance teachers as continuous learners.