Maurice Y. Mongkuo
Professor of Public Administration
Office Location: SciTech 114
- Ph.D., Public Policy Research and Analysis, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1989
- M.P.I.A., Public and International Affairs, Graduate School Public and International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1983
- B.A. (with Distinction), Kenyon College, Gambier, Ohio, 1981
Dr. Mongkuo has been teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses in policy analysis, research methods, program evaluation, public policy and administration, statistics, and public budgeting and finance for over 25 years.
Sustainable economic and social development reforms
· HIV/AIDS prevention
· African Americans health disparities
· Public-private partnerships
· Disparity in government contracting
· Community and economic development financing
· Political and civic engagement
· Race preference and affirmative action policies and programs
• Validation of measurement instruments
Privatization and Sustainable Economic Growth and Human Development in Developing Countries: A Case Study from Tanzania (co-author with Richard J. Mushi). Lanham, MD: Lexington Books. 2011.
Special Issue of Global Development Studies. Winter 2007 - Summer 2008. Vol. 5, Numbers 1-2. (Guest Editor with Valentine James and Carolyn Jewell).
Race Preference Programs and the United States Supreme Court Strict Scrutiny Standard of Review: A Predicate Study of the City of St. Petersburg Florida Contracting Process. Lewiston, NY: The Edwin Mellen Press. 2005.