Geoscience Student Association (GeoSA)
The purpose of the Association is to advance the awareness of spatial thinking and enhance the spatial knowledge and tradecraft of its members through various types of activities as well as to provide opportunities for association and interaction within the Department of Intelligence Studies, Geospatial Sciences, Political Science, and History.
The Association aims at:
- Creating a friendly and productive environment for FSU students to socialize, learn, and practice geosciences, remote sensing, and geographic information science and technologies.
- Helping FSU students improve their learning achievements and prepare for a successful career by enhancing their geographic understanding the world and their spatial analytic skills through the use of photogrammetry, remote sensing, geographic information systems, and other spatial technologies.
- Raising the awareness of geography, spatial thinking, and geospatial technologies among the students of Fayetteville State University.
- Supporting and promoting academic and cultural atmosphere in Fayetteville State University.
- Fostering interaction between students and the Department.
- Helping the Fayetteville local community hereinafter referred to as the "local community" to cope with geographic problems.