FSU College Accelerator
Ready, Set, Go to College with the FSU College Accelerator
Do you spend a lot of time thinking about going to college? You can do more than think about it. Take a course at FSU as a special visiting student. Get your study habits aligned with college level expectations. Take the next course following your high school AP class. Try a course within your prospective major to see how it fits. Let us help you accelerate your college readiness.
FSU faculty is known for helpfulness. Our students have been accepted for graduate study or internships at Harvard University Medical School, Cornell University, Texas A&M, and Indiana University, and as a post-doctoral fellow at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN.
A 3-credit class will cost under $600 for an in-state student. Make sure you register through the RDS (Residency Determination Service) to ensure you get the in-state rate!
Fall August 14 - November 27, 2019
Spring January 13 - April 30, 2020
Summer I June 1 - 26, 2020
Summer II July 6 - 31, 2020
Admissions - you'll apply to attend as a Special Visiting student. Submit the Special Visiting Application online, along with the $40 non-refundable application fee. We will also need one of the following supporting documents to complete your application:
- Official high school transcript or equivalency certificate, or
- Official transcript of any other university, college, technical institution, junior college, or community college attended.
- NC Residency Determination Service (RDS) - to ensure you are billed at the in-state rate.
- Banner Login - to register for classes, see your schedule or bill, etc. You will use the nine-digit Banner number given upon admission as your User ID and the initial password is your six-digit birthday MMDDYY. Change that password after your initial login!
- Find the class you want to take in the Class Schedule. Write down the four-digit number listed after the course title which is the Course Registration Number (CRN). You'll use that number to register.
- You can click on the course title in the Class Schedule to see if there are seats remaining in a section. Sometimes an insructor will agree to open another seat in a full class if you click on the email icon beside the instructor's name and send them a request.
- Use these step by step instructions to Register for classes.
- If the course you want to take has a pre-requisite which you have met, contact the Office of Continuing Education and Summer School for assistance with a waiver. Always include your Banner number in correspondence. (910) 672-1229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bills must be paid by 10 a.m. on the third day of class. Make a payment to the Cashier on the 2nd floor of the Lilly Building or online by credit card.
- Campus maps to help you locate things at FSU.
- Part of your bill includes the textbook fee. You can obtain your assigned texts at the FSU Bookstore, 1073 Murchison Road in Bronco Square.
- Parking permits require that vehicles be registered first, then obtain the permit from the Police and Public Safety Office in Mitchell Hall.
- Accessing FSU email and Canvas, our learning management system, requires Network Access.
- Is there one place where I can access all of these different resources? Yes, once you have network access, use My Bronco Portal.
- If you are looking for a good place to study, try the Charles W. Chesnutt Library or use their online services to get help.
- Our student ID card is a Bronco Card. The Bronco Card office hours are 9 am-5pm.
- If you try to register and you receive a Hold code, check the list of codes to begin to solve the problem.
- You can get a transcript of your FSU coursework from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Are special visiting students requred to provide proof of immunizations? Students are exempt if they are enrolled for four-credit hours or less and reside off campus, attend evening classes (starting at 5:00 pm) or take weekend classes only.