What is MyCAA
The MyCAA Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition over 2 years to assist eligible military spouses pursue a degree. The scholarship helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations. Spouses may use their MyCAA funds at any academic institution approved for participation in the MyCAA Scholarship.
Who is Eligible
Spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2
Spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members at E1-E5, W1-W2 and O1-O2 pay grades (spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders). Note: The MyCAA program does not include Coast Guard spouses.
If you are eligible for MyCAA funding and interested in taking career training courses through FSU, please see the information listed below.
- To determine if you are eligible for MyCAA benefits, please visit MyCAA Fact Sheet.
- Obtain initial approval for MyCAA benefits.
- When you are ready to begin the MyCAA approval and registration process, you may register online.
- After you have completed your registration, FSU staff will contact you to confirm your course selection and release an education plan to you.
- Upload the education plan to the MyCAA Portal for review and approval by MyCAA.
- Once your course is approved by MyCAA, a confirmation message will be sent to FSU, and your registration will be finalized.
- JER will send you an email detailing course information and how to access the course website prior to your course start date.
Choose from the following MyCAA Approved Programs
- Administrative Office Assistant with Office 2019 Certification
- Certificate in Logistics, Supply Chain and Purchasing Management
- Certificate in the Basics of Purchasing Management
- Certification in Accounting and Bookkeeping Studies
- Certification in Accounting Studies
- Complete Enrolled Agent (EA) Review and Exam Prep with AFSP Career Certification
- Digital Marketing & Social Media Career Advancement Certification
- Human Resource Management Certification
- Search Engine Optimization Certification
- Veterinary Assistant Certification with Externship
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification (CCNA) with Labs
- CompTIA A+ Network+ Security+ Training Series Certification with Labs
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Career Pathway Certification with Labs
- Central Sterile Processing Technician Certification plus Externship
- Certification in Medical Billing & Coding
- Certification in Medical Billing & Coding with MS Office 2016
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
- Dental Assistant Certification
- Expert Certification in Medical Transcription
- Hemodialysis Technician Certification with Virtual Externship
- Medical Office Manager Certification
- Medical Office Specialist Training with Terminology and MS Office 2019 Certification
- Medical Writing Career Builder Certification
- Patient Care Technician Certification
- Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
- Pharmacy Technician Certification with Externship
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification with Virtual Externship