Participant: A participating cadet is anyone who is taking a 100 or 200 level ROTC class. Every Cadet starts off as a participant. Basic requirements to participate in Army ROTC at FSU:
- Be an enrolled student at Fayetteville State University.
- Any student can take a 100 or 200 level MSL class.
- All 100 and 200 Level students are welcomed to attend the Physical Training in the mornings but it is not a mandatory event.
- If you are just in the Physical Training class (MSL 422) then you will need a waiver signed by a doctor stating that you are fit enough to participate in physical activities.
Enrolled: An enrolled Cadet is anyone who has designated that they want to go further in the program by being enrolled in to the Cadet Command Information Management System (CCIMS). This is a national database, regulated by Cadet Command that tracks every single ROTC cadet in the country. Basic requirements to be become an enrolled cadet:
- Be a full time student at FSU
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Turn in all the necessary documents and complete the enrollment packet with our Cadre
- Be of good moral character (satisfactorily explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction)
- Freshman and sophomores are not required to be enrolled in CCIMS but if you are not then it will exclude you from doing certain training, like going to FTX's.
Enrollment Packet Forms
Contracted: Contracted Cadets are students who have entered in to a contractual agreement with the Army that they will finish the ROTC program and commission as Second Lieutenants upon graduation. Scholarship students must meet all of the requirements for contracted Cadets. Every junior must contract once they reach MSL 301. Requirements of Contracted Cadets:
- Be a full time students at FSU
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be enrolled in to the CCIMS prior to contract date
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA at the time of contracting and be able to maintain a GPA of 2.0
- Be medically cleared by the Department of Defense Medical Evaluation Review Board (DoDMERB)
- Must be able to meet height/weight requirements and pass an Army Physical Fitness Test once a semester
Contracting Packet Forms