Student Experience and Engagement
Participation in co-curricular activities is a vital part of the FSU student experience. We are committed to providing a vibrant campus life, but many student programs, events, and meetings will need to be restructured to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
The Division of Student Affairs has established protocols for student programs, events, and meetings to help create a safe and supportive campus environment. These protocols were developed based on current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other state and federal agencies /officials. The protocols are subject to being modified if such guidance changes.
Update notifications will be regularly provided to students about student programs, events, and meetings. The updates will be distributed via campus e-mail, Student Affairs web pages, and the various Social Media platforms.
Update notifications will be provided to parents/family regarding the Student Affairs protocol guideline.
Strudent Programs & Events
All programs can be located through the Bronco Advantage events platform and the CORQ app through the Apple or Google play store. Students can also join the Connect1867 social media platforms for updates.
GATHERINGS AND MEETINGS
- Limitations on Size & Density: The number of students who can attend or participate in programs, events, and meetings will be based on the current federal/state orders and/or guidance.
- Cloth Face Coverings: We require all participants to wear cloth face coverings during programs, events, and meetings.
- Social Distancing: All participants should practice social distancing of at least 6 feet between people at programs, events, and meetings.
- Check-In at Events: All students will be required to check-in to in person events by either swiping their FSU ID card or using the CORQ app.
- Visitors: All campus programs, events, or meetings are limited to FSU students and required FSU staff and contractors.
- Food/Refreshments: If food is offered at any program, event, or meeting, the food must be in pre-packaged boxes or bags for each attendee instead of a buffet or family-style meal to avoid sharing food and utensils. Student organization programs, events, and meetings both on and off campus must comply with these guidelines.
- Meetings: In-person meetings are limited to the restrictions of local, state, and federal orders and should not exceed 50% of a room's capacity, assuming individuals can still maintain 6 feet of separation for social distancing requirements. Video or tele-conference calls, whenever possible, is recommended to replace in-person organizational meetings.
- Expected Behavior: Students will be required to adhere to these Student Affairs Protocols and the FSU Code of Student Conduct. Failure to comply may result in disciplinary sanctions