Jerry Dale Jones is a native of West Virginia and served as Superintendent of Schools in both Roane and Morgan Counties. He served with the United States Navy worldwide and is an honorary submariner. He taught school in Guatemala in Central America. Jerry, holds a doctorate from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. He was the first Joseph Oxendine Endowed Chair in Leadership at the university of North Carolina at Pembroke. He was recently inducted into the Lafayette Chapter in Fayetteville, North Carolina of the Sons of the American Revolution.
He has authored numerous articles and books and most recently this academic year published in the US China Review, July, 2015. Article Titled: Plantation Leadership: 19 Century toolbox in the 21st Century
July 2016 published article with the Journal of Research Initiatives: Leadership for Millennials
His most recent book: A view from the Bleachers, where the real game of life is played is
being considered to be adapted into a play.
Most recently he has taught in the Leadership Studies Program: For example
1. EDLE 700: Group Dynamics, Decision Making, and people management
2. EDLE 730: Internship
3. EDLE 740: Dissertation in Educational Leadership
4. EDLE 725: Special Topics: Achievement Gap
5. EDLE 799: Organizational Change
6. EDAM 652: School Based Program Evaluation
7. EDAM 660: Leadership in Educational Organization