Scholarships are a reward for academic excellence to support a student's education. Alumni, parents and friends, as well as, corporations and foundations support the more than 100 scholarship funds administered by FSU and awarded by the scholarship committee. Please submit scholarship applications by the appropriate deadline.
For questions, contact:
The Office of Financial Aid, Evelyn Perez, email@example.com to apply. If interested, you should apply to the scholarships listed below.
FSU's General Scholarship Application
Fayetteville State General Scholarship
FSU offers more than 100 scholarships provided by corporations, foundations, alumni, parents, friends, and other donors. Many scholarships are general while the majority are endowments named in honor/memory of members of our Bronco community.
In order to be considered for a FSU General Scholarship, the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Complete the FAFSA Application at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Be a currently enrolled degree seeking student at FSU, or applied and been accepted for admission.
- Demonstrate potential for making positive contributions to the FSU community.
- Have a minimum GPA as indicated below:Submit a completed online application and two letters of recommendation.
- New Students admitted to FSU -3.0 GPA
- Continuing Undergraduate Students - 3.0 GPA
- Continuing Graduate Students - 3.5 GPA
- Incomplete applications, and/or applications without two letters of recommendations, will not be considered.
- The scholarship committee will consider applicants for all scholarships for which they are eligible. To be considered for any of the scholarships listed below, the applicant will be required to only complete the online application.
- Prior to starting the online application, the applicant will need to have the Name and Email Addresses of two individuals, he or she wishes to use as a reference, who can give an accurate assessment of his or her qualifications. Please note the references you select will receive an email from FSU Automated Services: work firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Recommendation needed for (student’s name).
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
Click here for Online Application - https://fsuwebapps2.uncfsu.edu:8443/Scholar/
- Dean J.C. Jones Endowed Scholarship
- Dexter & Nealie Bacote - McLean Endowed Scholarship
- Donice M. Harbor Endowed Scholarship
- Donna Hurst Carter Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Frank Merchant Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Ruth Johnson Endowed Scholarship
- Dr. Valeria Fleming Endowed Scholarship
- Ethel Burney-Baker Endowed Scholarship
- Felton & Jean Capel Endowed Scholarship
- Henry T. Eldridge Scholarship
- James Burch Endowed Scholarship
- Jerald Michael Wilson Endowed Scholarship
- Joseph Knuckles Scholarship
- Joseph P. Riddle, Jr. and March F. Riddle Endowed Scholarship
- Julius & Lucille Fulmore Scholarship
- Keith Allison Family Endowed Scholarship
- Lena M. Barksdale Scholarship
- Lloyd V. Hackley Endowed Scholarship
- Mary McAlister Endowed Scholarship
- Mary A. Person, '76 Endowed Scholarship
- Mildred and Rudolph Jones Endowed Scholarship
- Naomi Wade Hurst Endowed Scholarship
- NCAIA Endowed Scholarship
- Nijhawan Endowed Scholarship
- Pearlie White-Turner Endowed Scholarship
- Phi Beta Sigma Endowed Scholarship
- Ruby Smith Wilkerson Endowed Scholarship
- SAFAY-Links Endowed Scholarship
- Tau Gamma Gamma Omega Psi Phi Endowed Scholarship
- Theodore and Diane DeBose Scholarship
- Tillman Jackson Endowed Scholarship
- Tony Rand Endowed Scholarship
- Waddell Group Endowed Scholarship
- Willis B. McLeod Rise Endowed Scholarship
- Ernestine Carter Chance Memorial Scholarship
- Evelyn H. Burrows Scholarship
- Fayetteville Links High Achiever Scholarship
- J.W. Seabrook Scholarship
- John and Louise Wilson Memorial Scholarship
- Mamie Currie Evans Scholarship
- Mary & Joseph Bryan Scholarship
- Mary Ann Bolden Memorial Criminal Justice Scholarship
- Mt. Sinai Baptist Church Scholarship
- NC Association of CPA's Scholarship
- Daisy Spears Stroud Scholarship
- James Tyson Scholarship
- MBA Alumni Scholarship
- The Greater Richmond, Petersburg Alumni Chapter Scholarship
- Horace T. Small Athletics Scholarship
- James Scurry Scholarship
- Willis B. McLeod Athletic Scholarship
- Waddell Group Endowed Scholarship
|May 31, 2018
Dr. Valeria Fleming STEM Scholarship
Dr. Valeria Fleming is a retired Professor of Biology who has been a pioneer educator and researcher at Fayetteville State University for 55 years. She earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from North Carolina Central University and the Ph.D. from UNC - Chapel Hill. An outstanding teacher and researcher known for her high standards of excellence, Dr. Fleming has motivated and inspired students to further study and careers in sciences.
Valeria Fleming STEM Scholarship recipients must:
- Be a Freshman applicant for admission to Fayetteville State University, meeting all requirements for admission.
- Submit application for Valeria Fleming STEM scholarship by April 1 with recommendations from two (2) educators who can assess applicant’s potential for success in a STEM major at FSU.
- High School GPA of 3.5 or higher and SAT score of 1000 or 1080 with at least a score of 500 or 580 on the mathematics component of the SAT or higher or ACT score of 22 or higher.
- Have the intent to major in one of the following majors: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Forensic Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Middle Grades or Secondary Teacher Education in Mathematics or Science, or the FSU - NCSU 3+2 program Engineering.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Valeria Fleming STEM scholars will:
- Be awarded a "Debt-Free" scholarship for up to four (4) years of enrollment. The debt-free scholarship means that Fleming Scholars will not be required to secure loans to cover the costs of earning their degrees. FSU will award a scholarship to cover the cost of tuition/fees/room/board in combination with any federal or state grants or other scholarships students receive, including the required Federal Work Study.
- Be assigned a Faculty Mentor in their area of intended major. Mentors will supervise students’ work study assignments, guide student research projects, assist the student in securing and preparing for summer research opportunities, and assist students in academic and career planning.
Valeria Fleming STEM scholars will be required to:
- Maintain full-time enrollment and live on campus.
- Participate in the Federal Work Study program.
To Continue in the Program
Valeria Fleming STEM scholars must:
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward completion of a major in the specified STEM discipline.
- Maintain a cumulative FSU GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Earn at least 30 credits per academic year. Students who fall short of earing 30 credits in the regular academic year may attend summer school to make up the deficit and retain the scholarship, however scholarship funds do no cover summer school attendance.
- The Valeria Fleming STEM scholarship will be awarded for up to four years.
February 23, 2018
Aramark Scholarship - Residential Students Only
|May 31, 2018