2022 Virtual Professional Development Workshops
At Fayetteville State University, we strive to promote and support employee development by providing quality professional training workshops and programs to enhance the university's operations and support the core mission of our institution.
REGISTER FOR LIVE VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS & TRAININGS THROUGH OUR NEW PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PORTAL
All full-time and part-time faculty and staff of Fayetteville State University are encouraged to enroll in these programs.
Registrations will be accepted throughout the semester on a space-available basis. Select the workshop title and complete the registration. Please obtain approval from your supervisor prior to registering for any HR training opportunities.
Crucial Conversations for Employees
- A dynamic training that teaches eight powerful skills grounded in decades of social science research and helps learners develop vital skills through instruction, application, practice, and coaching-not just theory-for lasting improvement.
- Crucial Conversations infuses virtual in-class practice with original video clips of "before and after" situations, group participation, and personal reflection as you explore and master crucial skills that help you get results to increase productivity and effectiveness in work and in life.
- The course is offered as two half-day workshops. Crucial Conversations training usually costs $250 per participant but will be offered to you at NO COST through the HR Title III Program.
“How Was Your Day?” Diversity & Inclusion Workshop
Enables organizations to:
- Minimize the impact of bias. The training powerfully depicts the many ways bias hurts people and prevents an organization from building a diverse and inclusive culture; encourages personal reflection to help individuals identify implicit biases, challenge them, and set them aside.
- End harassment. Explains hostile work environment and illustrates how impact outweighs intent.
- Stop bullying. Shows how being an “upstander” (for yourself and others) helps end abusive conduct and build a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
- Leverage the desire for change. Supports the pursuit of a workplace free of discrimination, inequity, and disrespect.
- Held Virtually Via Zoom (Participants will receive a personal invitation with login instructions)
- Register through the HR Professional Development Portal (Cornerstone) by searching the title of the training and selecting the desired training dates.
Mental Health First Aid USA
- Mental Health First Aid is an early intervention public education program. It teaches adults how to recognize the signs and symptoms that suggest a potential mental health challenge, how to listen nonjudgmentally and give reassurance to a person who may be experiencing a mental health challenge, and how to refer a person to appropriate professional support and services.
- Mental Health First Aid is a skills-based training that teaches people how to identify, understand and respond to signs and symptoms of a mental health or substance use challenge in adults ages 18 and over. Adult Mental Health First Aid consists of 2-hours of self-paced content followed by 5.5 hours of instructor-led training.