The purpose of the Offices of Institutional Research & Effectiveness is to support the university's mission by providing data and information to facilitate the decision making process. This information includes studies and reports on the operations of instructional and operational/administrative areas and also policies pertinent to academic divisions and to the success of students and the institution. The specific aim of this function is to probe deeply into the workings of the institution for evidence of weaknesses or flaws that interfere with the attainment of its purpose and to take the results of these findings and develop strategies to correct and improve on current functions.
The offices provide informational and statistical data to support planning, resource allocation and program evaluation to the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, key administrators, and department chairs. In addition, our offices have the major responsibility for reporting University data on students, faculty/staff, and facilities to the University of North Carolina - General Administration, federal, state, and other external agencies and groups.
FSU Strategic Priorities 2015 - 2020
1. Graduation and Retention Rates:
- Goal 1: Increase retention and graduation rate
- Goal 2: Strengthen academic quality
- Goal 3: Improve student life and services for students
2. Collaborations and Partnerships:
- Goal 1: Enhance performing and fine arts collaboration with surrounding communities
- Goal 2: Broaden community collaborations
- Goal 3: Increase research collaborations
3. Efficiency, Effectiveness, and Sustainability:
- Goal 1: Complete the five-year campaign for FSU
- Goal 2: Maximize efficiency to ensure a financially stable university
- Goal 3: Improve efforts in sustainability
UNC Strategic Plan 2017-20 1. Access: The UNC system must continue its proud heritage of access and student diversity (Increase Low-Income Enrollment; Increase Completions by Low-Income Students; Increase Rural Enrollment; Increase Completions by Rural Students; and Improve Transition From K-12 To College).
- Goal 1: Increase Access to Success
- Goal 2: Improve the Transition from K - 12 to College.
2. Student Success: Increase Degree Attainment and Ensure Value and Relevance for Students (Increase 5-year Graduation Rate; Increase Undergraduate Degree Efficiency; Close Achievement Gaps; and Implement a Survey of Current Students and Alumni).
- Goal 3: All Useful Learning
- Goal 4: Improve Timely Degree Completion While Reducing Achievement Gaps
3. Affordability and Efficiency: Ensure a UNC education is within the financial means of all in the state (Commit to Affordable Tuition and Increase Operational and Financial Flexibility).
- Goal 5: Affordability
- Goal 6: Efficiency
4. Economic Impact and Community Engagement: Deepening partnerships that strengthen local communities and the state's economy (Increase Critical Workforce Credentials; Increase Research Productivity; and Increase Investment in Strengthening North Carolina Communities).
- Goal 7: Critical Workforces
- Goal 8: Research Productivity
- Goal 9: Community Engagement
5. Excellent and Diverse Institutions: Help institutions achieve excellence within individual missions (Identify Academic "Areas of Distinction" and Focus on Human Capital).
- Goal 10: Areas of Distinction
- Goal 11: Human Capital
|Area Code (910), E-mail: @uncfsu.edu
Dana L. Dalton
|Associate VC for Institutional Research & Effectiveness
||Business Intelligence Analyst
||Business & Technology Applications Specialist
|Karen C. Stealing
||Administrator Support Associate
||Social Research Specialist