Task Force IX - FSU Student, Staff, and Faculty Work Groups
Each group works to prevent Prohibited Sexual Conduct, assure effective implementation of policies and procedures regarding prohibited sexual conduct and sexual harassment, and support all campus community members in compliance with the University’s obligations under Title IX.
Throughout the 2021-22 academic year, Task Force IX - compromised of FSU Student, Staff, and Faculty members will work to advance three Title IX priorities as part of an ongoing strategic planning process to enhance FSU's Title IX Mission and Vision:
- Training and Education
- Outreach and Awareness
- Campus Climate Surveys
Work groups meet regularly and are tasked with submitting recommendations and reports to the Title IX Steering Committee.
Several students, staff, and faculty have volunteered to be active members on the Task Force in order to provide ongoing strategic oversight for the University's work on sexual harassment and prohibited sexual conduct prevention.
Each Group recommends strategies for improving the effectiveness of the University's procedures, support services and resources available to students, staff, and faculty; offers input regarding programming focused on the prevention of prohibited sexual conduct and sexual harassment, including outreach and educational activities; and provides consultative support for annual climate surveys. The Group's recommendations are not intended to address concerns that may arise in the context of individual cases or experiences, which are addressed through the Title IX investigation and adjudication process.
If you are interested in serving on Task Force IX, please complete this application:
Continuing in academic year 2021-22, all undergraduates, graduate, and doctoral students, along with staff, faculty, and other campus community members are highly encouraged to participate in workshops, events, and training sessions to learn more about Prohibited Sexual Conduct prevention, effective intervention, and response options.
This initiative is part of a broader University initiative that highly recommends all campus community members to engage in annual training. Through this initiative, we hope to cultivate a community in which all campus community members feel safe and supported and can take full advantage of the many opportunities that FSU has to offer-a community where any form Sexual Harassment or Prohibited Sexual Conduct have no place.
Broncos, It's On Us 2021-22 Mission:
· Increase evidence and empowerment-based, student-centered training and programs, such as Bystander Intervention.
· Promote social norms that protect against forms of interpersonal relationship abuse.
· Teach skills to prevent interpersonal relationship abuse.
· Provide opportunities to empower, support, and engage all Broncos.
· Continue to support all campus community members.
Broncos, It's On Us 2021-22 Outcomes:
· Broncos will continue to strength our sustainable community of support by engaging all campus community members.
· Broncos will continue to reject every form of relationship abuse, violence, and misconduct through prevention, awareness, and education to end the cycle.
· Broncos will be equipped with tools to have important conversations related to gender and sex-based harassment, discrimination, violence, and abuse.
· Broncos will know what a healthy, safe, positive relationship looks like, and know they deserve healthy, safe, positive relationships.
· Broncos will know how to engage in positive behaviors to cultivate healthy, safe, positive relationships.
· Broncos will gain improved interpersonal skills, communication skills, self-image skills, while reducing antisocial, abusive, and other unhealthy behaviors in relationships.
Information you can print, save, post, and share with ease!