First Steps Pre-vU Pre-Registration
At FSU, we value your academic success and degree progression; one way we assist with this process is Pre-Registration. All First-Time Freshman are pre-registered; those who complete the First Steps Questionnaire, it is an opportunity to have the best major course schedule created before attending First Steps.
Benefits to Pre-Registration, You Can:
- Gain access to FSU technology such as, username, password and email.
- Complete housing registration
- Take Bronco Student ID photo
- Enjoy a faster and smoother time at First Steps
- Have a decreased chance that a schedule change will occur
Pre-Registration occurs for ALL First-Time Freshman, to ensure the best course schedule for you, you must:
- Remove all holds on your account
- Submit the First Steps Questionnaire
- Once you are Pre-Registered and Prior to First Steps
- Check your schedule on Banner Click Login.
- Key in your Banner Student ID (83 Number), no dashes. Key in your PIN number (your 6 digit birthdate: IE Aug 14, 1992 would be 081492).
- Your initial login will request you to change your PIN number. (can be the same and needs to be something you will remember)
- Select "Student Services"
- Click "Student Detail Schedule" select Fall 2016 for term
- Attend First Steps: Once you have taken the Placement Exams at First Steps, an advisor will review placement scores and pre-registered course schedules (for most students are based on intended major and are registered for 4-6 courses and at least 12 credit hours). Then, most students will register for 1-2 more courses to be between 14-17 credit hours (putting students on track for four-year graduation). Note that First-Time Freshman have 8:00AM courses as well as courses every weekday (some may have evening or Saturday courses as well).
If you do not attend First Steps the pre-registered schedule will be dropped.
After First Steps, students who attended will have a First-Time Freshman Hold placed on their account to ensure no schedule changes occur without talking with their Freshman Seminar Instructor upon their return in August.