FSU-MMC Early Acceptance Program
Are you interested in taking a fast track to become a physician or a dentist? Do you have a passion for providing medical or dental services to underserved populations in Southeastern North Carolina? If so, you can begin your journey in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
The 3+3+3 FSU-MMC Early Acceptance Program is an excellent educational opportunity! You will:
- Participate in a 3-year undergraduate premedical school program at Fayetteville State University
- Attend 3 years of medical school at Meharry Medical College
- Complete a 3-year residency requirement in Southeastern North Carolina
- A minimum high school unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.8 on a 4.0 system
- A minimum Composite ACT score of 28 (or equivalent SAT score)
- Incoming Freshman
Upon meeting minimum requirements, final acceptance into the program will be determined by a formal interview composed of Fayetteville State University and Meharry Medical College representatives. Each year, up to 15 students will be selected to participate in the program, contingent upon funding.
Each student selected to participate must agree to:
- Attend the Pre-Med Bridge Program, a three-week summer academic enrichment program
- Attend a six-week summer academic and clinical enrichment program at MMC each summer following the Pre-Med Bridge program
- Participate in the second-year intense formal MCAT Review
- Complete and submit the MCAT application
- Complete and submit the Meharry Medical College School of Medicine application during the third summer of the program
- Participate in all co-curricular experiences related to this program
Complete the form below.
We are hosting an information session in February and we'll be sure you are invited.