Friends of the Library
Residents of the following counties who are over 18 years of age and out of high school:
Residents of any other counties should be referred to the Director of Library Services.
Proof of Eligibility is Required and Based on the Following:
Presentation of a driver's license (or state issued picture ID) with an address in one of the listed counties above.
Members of the military who are stationed locally (Ft. Bragg and Pope Air Force Base) must present a valid military ID and proof of local residency (for example, orders, phone bill, power or gas bill).
The Library reserves the right not to extend borrowing privileges to any individual that refuses to satisfy the eligibility and identification requirements.
Annual Enrollment Application:
- Membership Form [PDF]
An annual membership enrollment fee must be paid and an application form must be completed at the Circulation Desk. A temporary borrower's card will be issued immediately. A permanent borrower's card will be mailed within 60 days. Friends of the Library Borrower's card expire one year to the date they are issued. To renew the Friends of the Library Card the annual enrollment fee must be paid. There is a $6.00 charge for lost cards. Borrowers should notify the library of lost cards, as borrowers are responsible for all materials checked out on the card.
Annual Membership Enrollment Fees:
|FSU Student - $5.00||Individual - $15.00||Family - $25.00||Patron - $50.00|
|Non-Profit - $250.00||Corporate - $1,500.00||Life Member - $1,000.00||Lifetime Membership can be done in $200.00 installments over a five year period.|
Maximum Checkouts Allowed:
Five (5) items.
Length of Checkouts:
Three (3) weeks, with no renewals. An item has to be returned for at least 1 week before the same patron can re-check it out. No holds can be placed on the item.
Services Available to Friends of the Library:
- Check-out books from the Main Stacks Collection
- Use of the Internet/Databases/Catalog in-house. You must provide a current picture ID and sign-in to use our computers. At this time, there is no printing, so be prepared to save your work or email and print out at a different location.
- Access to database resources provided by NC Live online at https://www.nclive.org. Select Fayetteville State University, Click Next and you will be prompted for a password. Contact the Reference Desk at 910-672-1233 for the password, which will be given to you after your membership has been verified. The password changes annually.
- Periodicals Collection
- Reference Collection
- Government Documents
- Archives and Special Collections
- Reference Desk and Circulation Desk Services
- Early entrance into books sales
- Membership Newsletter
- Participation in any book club activities
Services Not Available to Friends of the Library:
- Inter-library Loans
- Distance Education Services
- Media Center/Check-out of Audio-Visual Materials (In-house Viewing Only)
- Remote access to library subscription databases over the Internet
- Reserve Collection (In-house Use Only)
- Request Holds
Three overdue notices will be sent, then a bill for the cost of replacing the book plus a $15.00 processing fee. All registered borrowers are responsible for keeping the library informed of their current address and telephone numbers. Failure to receive a notice, for whatever reason, does not remove the responsibility for charges. To clear a bill, return the overdue item(s) and pay the bill. Library books more than 25 days overdue will incur a non-refundable $15.00 billing fee per item. Patrons with outstanding library fees will not be allowed to checkout any library materials (reserves or main stacks materials) until their account is paid in full. Failure to make payment on materials will result in the blocking or cancellation of privileges and referral to the appropriate state agency for collection.