Housing & Residence Life
Whether you choose to live in one of FSU's on campus housing locations or off campus, make FSU your home!
Convenient, affordable and fun, Fayetteville State University offers a variety of housing living options to make your experience at FSU successful; and to make FSU your home. From junior suites, to apartment living or traditional hall settings, Fayetteville State University offers living options to make your campus experience enjoyable as you make new friends and explore living independently in a supportive and safe environment! All are equipped with open WiFi to ensure you stay connected with your academics as well as your family and friends.
Central Office Staff:
Adrina Russell, Interim Director of Housing & Residence Life
email@example.com | 910-672-1884 | Williams Hall 106
Shawn Odom, Associate Director of Residence Life
firstname.lastname@example.org | 910-672-1884 | Williams Hall 104
Fred D. Stamps, Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
email@example.com | 910-672-1088 | Williams Hall 115
Chrishonda Ham, Administrative Support
firstname.lastname@example.org | 910-672-2599 | Williams Hall
Janee' Lashley, Administrative Support Associate
email@example.com | 910-672-1884 | Williams Hall
Sylvia Tigs, Conference Housing Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | 910-672-1502 | Williams 105
Tia'wana Jackson, Housing Coordinator
email@example.com | 910-672-1884 | Williams Hall
Adreann Marsh, Marketing Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | 910-672-1705 | Williams Hall
First Year Students (Freshman) & Transfers:
Saturday, August 18, 2018:
Move-In is by LAST NAME
A-E: @8AM - 9AM
F-K: @9AM - 10AM
L-P: @10AM - 11AM
Q-Z: @11AM - 12PM
Returning & Upperclassman Students:
Monday, August 20, 2018:
@12PM - 7PM
*Early Arrivals, contact your Advisor or Group Sponsor for move-in dates & times.
The Student Development Approach serves as a guide for the Residence Life Program at Fayetteville State university. The philosophy of our residence halls is education. The Learning Environments in the residence halls support the educational mission of the institution. The Department of Housing & Residence Life is committed to providing residents with a well-rounded experience through non-classroom learning experiences. Therefore, the residential setting can and does play a significant role in the development of the "whole" student. These elements that contribute to a positive educational environment. This student development approach is characterized by the following:
1. Acceptance of the belief that individuals develop in stages that are sequential, cumulative, increasingly complex, and qualitatively different.
2. Acceptance of the students as the principal agent for change.
3. A belief that the role of the residence hall staff is to assist students in accomplishing goals that they have set for themselves.
4. Recognition that one must consider the development of the whole individual, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
The department of Housing & Residence Life works diligently to provide a comfortable and safe environment structured to enhance that academic climate at Fayetteville State University. We dedicated to integrating education and out of class learning while providing opportunities for leadership, citizenship, and campus involvement.
Housing & Residence Life utilizes the connect FSU learning outcome model in reference to our community event programming. This model supports FSU mission statement & core values. Additionally, enforces Division of Student Affairs & Residence Life goals and philosophy. Lastly, this aligns with the Council For Advancement Of Standards In Higher Education. Every event and initiative in our residential communities are linked to one of the 5 Learning Outcomes below:
Care & Civility:
- Learn to engage in critical thinking aimed at making sound decisions.
- Understand the importance of making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Understand the rules, regulations, and procedures of the university.
- Participate in service learning opportunities aimed at enhancing their knowledge of what it means to be civically responsible.
Faculty & Social Engagement:
- Be aware of and utilize the resources available through various university offices.
- Develop interpersonal social skills, and habits that are essential to success at the university.
- Engage in opportunities to meet with faulty and students outside of the classroom setting.
- Learn to develop meaning and healthy personal and professional relationships.
- Collaborate with individuals from diverse ethnic, socials, and cultural backgrounds.
- Enhance their knowledge of history and traditions of diverse groups of people, and how social differences have changed over time. Develop an understanding, appreciation, and acceptance of diversity.
- Strengthen study habits and improve basic skills needed to demonstrate academic success.
- Understand different learning styles.Identify and utilize various campus academic resources.
- Understand how to use and locate university printed resources (ex. University Catalog, Code of Conduct, etc.)
- Engage in activities that engage their knowledge of FSU history.
- Understand the importance of positive representation of the University.
- Participate in opportunities that promote FSU Spirit.
- Engage in opportunities to develop leadership skills and BRONCO Pride.
Submitting A Maintenance Request
- Submit a Residence Hall Maintenance Request at:
- Login Using Your Bronco Username & Password That You Create
FIRST TIME User
If this is your first time submitting a work order request through My School Building, you will need to register. Do Not Change the Account Number-it is unique to Fayetteville State University. Please complete the requested information and then proceed to submit the work order request.
Returning User: If you have submitted a work order request previously, then you may proceed with submitting the request once you are logged in.
How to Submit A Maintenance Request:
- Enter ALL The Requested Information
- Your Location is: Student Housing & Specific Community
- Your Problem Type is: Housing
- Be As Detailed As Possible
- All Fields Must be Completed
- Your Submittal Password is: fsu
- Press Submit
In Case of Emergency
Please Contact the Community Front Desk Immediately
(Loss of Power, Flooding, Safety Issues, Security Issues\locks, Non-Working Toilet, No Heat/No Air conditioning.)
If this is an emergency after regular business or on the weekend please contact your community staff for further assistance.
If the request has not been addressed within 24 hours, please contact, Ms. Ham or Mr. Stamps, at the Department of Housing & Residence Life at:
(910) 672-2091 during regular business for further assistance.
If you experience issues with the cable, internet service, and/or Wi-Fi, please contact the Department of Information Technology for further assistance at:
(910) 672-4357 or submit a request online. https://www.uncfsu.edu/faculty-and-staff/itts-resources
If your community washer or dryer, is out of order, or has any issues, please submit a request at: