Housing & Residence Life
Whether you choose to live in one of FSU's on campus housing locations or off campus, make FSU your home!
NOTE: Hall Staff should always be the first point of contact.
Campus Police can be reached at (910) 672-1775 or (910) 672-1911 for emergencies.
Hall Phone: 910-797-8628
Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Anazia Brown: 910-672-2336
Resident Director (RD), Barbara Cohen: 910-672-2334
Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Alicia Williams & Anthony Averett: 910-672-2418 | 910-672-2412
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Area Coordinator (AC), Sylvia Tigs: 910-672-1884
Hall Phone: 910-263-3063
Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Jaleen Sanders: 910-672-1255
Resident Director (RD), Jason English: 910-672-1415
Hall Phone: 910-237-9039
Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Shycquanda Loftin: 910-672-2807 | 910-672-1502
Area Coordinator (AC), Sylvia Tigs: 910-672-1884
Hall Phone: 910-263-1575
Front Desk: 910-672-1291
Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Sara Gordon: 910-672-1252
Resident Director (RD), O'Mard Alexander: 910-672-2295
New Residence Hall
Hall Phone: 910-263-1545
Lobby/Front Desk: 910-672-3110
Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Whitney Watson: 910-672-1505
Resident Director (RD), Jamerius Ludgood: 910-672- 2334
Hackley Honors Hall
Hall Phone: 910-263-3180
Assistant Resident Director (ARD): 910-672-1970
Resident Director (RD), Tara Melvin: 910-672-1968
University Place Apartments (UPA)
Hall Phone: 910-263-3150
Front Desk: 910-672-2878
Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Ervin Graham: 910-672-2324
Resident Director (RD), Donyell Baba: 910-672-1089
Assistant Resident Director (ARD), Seth Brown: 910-672-1529
Resident Director (RD), Barbara Cohen: 910-672-1444
Business & Housing Coordinator
Adminstrative Support Associate (Facilities)
Housing & Residence Life Staff Reports To:
Interim Director of Housing & Residence Life
Gregory E. Moyd
Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
The Student Development Approach serves as a guide for the Residence Life Program at Fayetteville State university. The philosophy of our residence halls is education. The Learning Environments in the residence halls support the educational mission of the institution. The Department of Housing & Residence Life is committed to providing residents with a well-rounded experience through non-classroom learning experiences. Therefore, the residential setting can and does play a significant role in the development of the "whole" student. These elements that contribute to a positive educational environment. This student development approach is characterized by the following:
1. Acceptance of the belief that individuals develop in stages that are sequential, cumulative, increasingly complex, and qualitatively different.
2. Acceptance of the students as the principal agent for change.
3. A belief that the role of the residence hall staff is to assist students in accomplishing goals that they have set for themselves.
4. Recognition that one must consider the development of the whole individual, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
The department of Housing & Residence Life works diligently to provide a comfortable and safe environment structured to enhance that academic climate at Fayetteville State University. We dedicated to integrating education and out of class learning while providing opportunities for leadership, citizenship, and campus involvement.
Submitting A Maintenance Request
- Submit a Residence Hall Maintenance Request at:
Maintenance Request Link
(Please Click the Link Above)
In Case of Emergency
Please Contact the Community Front Desk Immediately
(Loss of Power, Flooding, Safety Issues, Security Issues\locks, Non-Working Toilet, No Heat/No Air conditioning.)
If this is an emergency after regular business or on the weekend please contact your community staff for further assistance.
If the request has not been addressed within 24 hours, please contact Williams Hall, the Department of Housing & Residence Life at:
(910) 672-1884 during regular business for further assistance.
If you experience issues with the cable, internet service, and/or Wi-Fi, please contact the Department of Information Technology for further assistance at:
(910) 672-4357 or submit a request online at:
If your community washer or dryer, is out of order, or has any issues, please submit a request at: http://servicerequest.asicampuslaundry.com/ServiceRequest.aspx
- 1ST: New Years Day (University Closed)
- 2ND: University Opens
- 11TH-14TH: Halls Open at 9AM, and close at 6PM, for Spring 2019 check-in
- 14TH: First Day of Classes (Spring 2019)
- 21st & 26th: Housing Info Sessions
- 4TH: Hall Tours
- 8TH: Deadline to confirm staying on-campus for Spring Break
- 11TH-15TH: Spring Break
- 4TH: Housing Info Session
- 9TH-30TH: (Priority) Housing Applications Open for FALL 2019
- 2ND: Last Day of Classes
- 6TH-10TH: Finals Exams
- 11TH: Commencement & Residence Halls Close
- 29TH: Hall check-out for Summer School I, by 12 (noon)
- 30TH: Hall check-out for Summer School II, by 12 (noon)
- 18TH & 20TH: Move-In
- 11TH & 12TH: Fall Break Cancelled
- 22ND-27TH: FSU Homecoming
- 12TH: Veterans Day (University Closed)
- 16TH: Deadline for Housing Confirmation/Cancellation/Room Change Requests for Spring 2019
- 19TH: Deadline to confirm staying on-campus for Thanksgiving Break
- 22ND & 23RD: Thanksgiving Break
- 7TH: RHA Lock & Key Social event, at the Student Center starting at 8PM; open to all FSU students/residents
- 8TH-14TH: Final Exams
- 15TH: Halls Close at 12PM (noon) [End of Fall Semester Check-out Deadline]
*NOTICE: ALL DATES & TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Academic Calendar (2018-2019)
Looking for Housing?
With on-campus housing being full, we want to do whatever we can to assist you in finding a great location off-campus that can meet your needs. Please review our "local housing options" tab.
Please be advised that the housing references listed are offered as a courtesy service for your convenience. The University takes no responsibility for screening or approving off-campus student housing and is in no way involved in any communication which may arise between parties.
Below, is a list of alternative housing options for students who are looking for short-term, and/or longer term lodging.
Please click the names, to go to the sites for housing options:
Below, is a list of transportation options for students.
Please click the names, to go to the sites for options:
Please be advised that the references listed are offered as a courtesy service for your convenience. The University takes no responsibility for screening or approving transportation, and is in no way involved in any communication which may arise between parties.
First Year Students (Freshman) & Transfers:
Saturday, August 18:
Move-In is by LAST NAME
A-E: @8AM - 9AM
F-K: @9AM - 10AM
L-P: @10AM - 11AM
Q-Z: @11AM - 12PM
Returning & Upperclassman Students:
Monday, August 20:
@12PM - 7PM
*Early Arrivals, contact your Advisor or Group Sponsor for move-in dates & times.