Applying for Housing
First Steps Sessions:
Move-In Schedule 2018-2019:
Saturday, August, 18, 2018
By Last Names:
A-E: @8AM - 9AM
F-K: @9AM - 10AM
L-P: @10AM - 11AM
Q-Z: @11AM - 12PM
1. MUST BE REGISTERED TO ATTEND First Steps
2. MUST BE Pre-register for Fall classes.
3. MUST Pay the NON-REFUNDABLE $125.00 Housing Application Fee.
4. Please use the link below to complete and submit your 2018-2019 Housing Application:
(use Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser. Login credentials are you: FSU Network Username & Password; Look up Here )
5. Finalize the process by completing your room selection!
* please note that you should be clear to select your room assignment as long as the above 1-4 Pre-Requisites have been completed.
*If you are under 18 years old, your parent/guardian will need to electronically sign off on your application for it to be submitted and considered complete.
If you have any questions throughout your housing process, please contact the Department of Housing and Residence life at:
or by phone at 910.672.2599 or 1.888.539.1616 (toll-free).
Move-In Dates & Times 2018-2019:
Monday, August 20, 2018
@12PM - 7PM
General Steps To Apply For Housing:
1. Pay $125 nonrefundable housing processing fee
2. Pre-Register for Fall classes.
3. Complete Housing Application Here
To Apply for Housing You MUST be clear of the following:
1. Residential Fines
2. University Holds
3. Outstanding Account Balances with the University
4. Judicial Sanctions & Penalties None Pending
Finalize the process by completing your room selection!
To cancel housing, click MyHousing Portal and find the Cancellation Form under the Other Forms tab.
*Please note that you should be clear to select your room assignment as long as the above 1-4 Pre-Requisites have been completed. *
This form is intended only for current students with PRE-SELECTED room spaces.
Please keep in mind that this request is not guaranteed and will be granted on a first come first serve basis.
There are specific room change periods, which are:
- Pre-Fall opening (July 1st-July 15th)
- After late registration closes (Sept. 1-Sept. 15)
- Early November for Fall to Spring change request (Nov. 1st - Nov. 15th)
Take heed to the dates listed above; these will be the only times request can be submitted.
If you have any questions contact Housing and Residence Life at (910) 672-2599.
A Friendly Reminder:
As stated in your 2018-2019 Housing Contract; Students who cancel their housing will be assessed the following cancellation penalties:
1) Students who cancel their residence hall contract prior to the official opening day (Fall/Spring/Maymester/Summer I/II) of the residence halls may be assessed a five-hundred ($500) contract termination fee.
2) Students who cancel after the official residence hall opening day (Fall/Spring/Intersession/ Summer I/II) or after the student accepts his/her room keys, whichever is earlier, may be assessed a $500 cancellation fee plus any prorated room charges (calculated at prorated daily rate up until the 8th week of classes).
After Reading the Above Statement, Please Click the Link Below to Access the Form:
A Friendly Reminder:
Waiting List means you are requesting a housing assignment/space, as a LATE APPLICANT.
You are not assigned or guaranteed a space, and should not report to campus for housing check-in, unless you have a WRITTEN confirmation.
Please prepare alternative housing plans.
Late/waiting list/Incomplete applicants should contact Housing and Residence Life (910-672-1884) regarding payment of the $125 Housing application fee.
Click the Link below to apply for the wait list: