New Student Housing
This timeline applies to students starting FSU during the summer or fall 2019 semesters. Students beginning in the Spring of 2020 should contact the department of Residence Life anytime September 1 -November 30, 2019.
1. MUST COMPLETE Intent to Enroll form, from the Office of Admissions
2. MUST BE REGISTERED TO ATTEND First Steps
3. SUBMIT required information to FSU's Student Health Services (located in the Spaulding Building)
4. FAFSA MUST be on file or follow up with FSU's Office of Financial Aid
5. MUST COMPLETE the Housing Interest form/application (this will be sent via email from 'email@example.com' or from a Housing Applications Team Member)
We review your student records and verify that you are making progress in all of the Phase I areas before you move into Phase II for Housing. This process may take a few days to a few weeks, is dependent upon your input
After MAKING PROGRESS IN PHASE I, we send you confirmation to move forward to PHASE II
6. MUST SIGN/READ the Housing Contract on the MyHousing Portal
- you will choose/confirm your roommate/room assignment during this step
-MyHousing Portal Instructions
NOTE: Login credentials are your: FSU Student Username (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) & Password; Look up Here
7. MUST PAY the NON-REFUNDABLE $125.00 housing fee through the MyHousing Portal ONLINE ONLY
NOTE: Please be aware that this a HOUSING APPLICATION FEE, not a deposit. A Housing Application Fee is a service for processing the application.
NOTE: The ONLY payments accepted are DEBIT/CREDIT cards (Mastercard, Visa, pre-paid debit cards) through our online Housing Portal; NO OTHER METHODS OF PAYMENT will be accepted. If you will be using a pre-paid card it is recommended to have a total of $130, due to various fees that are associated with pre-paid cards.
8. REVIEW the housing items What to Bring list and start preparing
9. RESOLVE any pending items with Student Health, Financial Aid, or class registration
*If you are under 18 years old, your parent/guardian will need to electronically sign off on your application for it to be submitted and considered complete.
10. RECEIVE Welcome Letter and specific move in instrucitons
11. VISIT the ResLife wepage for updates
12. CHECK your FSU Banner student account for accuracy
13. CONTACT and get to know your roommate (if applicable)
14. PREPARE to move into your new HOME
*All students who plan on living on-campus for Winter Break, there is an additional rate outside of your Fall & Spring housing rates.
First Steps (New Student Orientation)
Housing & Residence Life: Guide for Residential Living
Housing & Residence Life: FAQ
Move-In: What to Bring
OCM.com (care packages, graduation gifts, and discounted residence hall items to bring)
Dining Meal Plan Information
Bronco Card Office (One Card Office)