Associate Professor in Mathematics
Office: Science & Technology 419
Phone: (910) 672-1518
Personal Homepage: http://faculty.uncfsu.edu/akodippilli/
||Dr. Asitha Kodippili joins Fayetteville State University (FSU) as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science. He received his B.Sc. in Mathematics from University of Kelaniya (Sri Lanka); M.Sc. in Optimization and Statistics from University of Kaiserslautern (Germany), and Ph.D. Mathematical Sciences from Michigan Technological University (USA). Prior to coming to United States, he has was a Lecturer at the Open University of Sri Lanka.
||Over the years, I have taught numerous courses. These include College Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning, Calculus, Calculus for business, Linear Algebra, Basic Probability Statistics, Statistics for Business, Mathematical Statistics, Regression Analysis, Time series analysis, Mathematics of Finance, Linear Programming and Network optimization.
- Asitha Kodippili: Forecasting Tourist Arrivals Using Time Series Analysis: Evidence from Sri Lanka (in progress)
- Asitha Kodippili: Parents' Education Level in Students' Mathematical Achievement; Do School Factors Matter? Academic Leadership (The online Journal), 9(2), 2011
- Asitha Kodippili and Deepthika Senaratne. (2008) Is computer-generated interactive mathematics homework more effective than traditional instructor-graded homework? British Journal of Educational Technology, 39(5), 928-932.
- Asitha Kodippili: Maturity and Money-ness Effect on Bid-Ask Spreads of Equity Options, Internet Journal NEW TRADING IDEAS, Publication 07-05 (2005).
- Asitha Kodippili: Dynamics of Implied Volatility for SP500 index options, Proceedings of the 2nd Atlantic Consortium for Research in Mathematics Sciences, Orlando, FL: June 1-3, 2005, ACRMS, 2006
- Igor Kliakhandler, Asitha Kodippili: Intraday options trading and liquidation scenarios (Poster), BACHELIER FINANCE SOCIETY Third World Congress: July 21-24, 2004 Chicago, Illinois.
- A. Kodippili, T. LU, J. Schosler: Material Yard Planning, Decision Making Using Optimization Software/ Mattias Ehrgott (Hrsg.): Shaker, 1999.