CARES Act Financial Assistance Grant for Students
NEW COVID-19 EMERGENCY GRANT FUNDS NOW AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS!
Through the CARES* Act Fayetteville State University now has additional funds available to assist students who have incurred extra expenses because of campus disruptions associated with COVID-19. However, funds are limited. The maximum emergency grant per student from this source may be up to $1,000.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in the Spring semester
- Have previously submitted a FAFSA for the 2019-20 academic year
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress toward a degree
- Not be enrolled in a completely online degree program
- Have incurred expenses for new arrangements that had to be made due to the closure of university facilities--such as expenses for food, housing, course materials, computer purchases, internet access, health care, childcare, or transportation.
Priority will be given to those with the greatest demonstrated financial needs based on FAFSA.
Awards will be made in the form of checks to the recipients. No outstanding balances due to the university will be deducted.
Complete the following online application form: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
For seniors graduating in May, applications will need to be submitted by noon on Tuesday, May 5.
We anticipate that disbursements will begin in mid-May.
For questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We know that many have suffered greatly through this pandemic-financially, physically, and mentally. We appreciate your resilience. The Fayetteville State University team will continue to do all that we can to assist.
* U.S. Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act