Bronco Opportunity Scholarship
Empowering students to reach their full potential and achieve their academic and career goals.
The Bronco Opportunity Scholarship is a need-based award designed to reduce the cost of undergraduate tuition, ease financial stress, and make earning your college degree more achievable.
Will you be a new freshman or transfer student at Fayetteville State University in 2023-2024? Are you a student looking for financial assistance to pay for your education? Our Bronco Opportunity Scholarship can help. It’s designed for students who may not have the means to afford college otherwise, and it’s based on your financial need and academic achievement. We understand the importance of higher education and we want to help you reach your goals. By applying for our scholarship, you’ll have the opportunity to invest in your future and make your dream of attending college a reality. Apply now and let us help you achieve your goals.
BENEFITS AND HIGHLIGHTS
If awarded a Bronco Opportunity Scholarship, you will get:
- 4-year renewable scholarships covering unmet need
- A laptop computer to help meet your digital needs
- Support from a career coach who will help you with career planning, internships, and job placement after graduation.
In order to be considered for the Bronco Opportunity Scholarships, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Formally admitted to Fayetteville State University
- A first-time-freshmen or transfer student (2023-2024)
- Must reside on campus
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Submit a completed online scholarship application and complete an essay
- Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate BA/BS degree program
- In good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress
- From a Tier 1 or 2 County in Eastern NC (see list below)
APPLY FOR THE BRONCO OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP
The total number of Bronco Opportunity Scholarship awards each year is based on available funding. We encourage you to apply early.
Apply to Fayetteville State University
- Visit Fayetteville State University Scholarship Portal and select “Students.”
- Use your FSU login to access and submit the general scholarship application form.
- Select the “Apply” button next to “Opportunity Scholars Program.”
- Complete the FAFSA Application at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Please be advised that scholarship funds may be considered taxable income by the IRS. It is the responsibility of the recipient to report and pay taxes on any scholarship funds received. We recommend consulting with a tax professional or the IRS for more information on how scholarships may affect your taxes.