We are a diverse and student-focused department where theory, empirical research, and service come together to make our changing social world comprehensible.
With a degree in Sociology, you will be equipped with an education that will allow you to explore various career paths in fields of research, service, management, and more.
News and Events
- The Department of Sociology will host the 2018 North Carolina Sociological Association Conference (NCSA) on February 23, 2018. Details are forthcoming.
- We welcome two new faculty members - Dr. Jelisa Clark from University of Louisville and Ms. Lisa Daniels from FTCC.
- The FSU chapter of Alpha Kappa Delta, Xi of North Carolina, welcomed 9 new members at the Induction Ceremony on May 8.
- The Department of Sociology End-of-the-Year Celebration was held on May 8 with a good turnout!
- The FSU team led by Dr. Jilly Ngwainmbi won awards at the North Carolina Consortium for the International and Intercultural Education 28th Annual Model United Nations Conference.
- Ms. Casie Johnson, an undergraduate Sociology major, presented her research project co-authored with Dr. Hideki Morooka at the Southern Sociological Society meeting in Greenville, SC in April.
- Ms. Masceline Petitlubin joined us as Administrative Support Associate.
Department of Sociology
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Taylor Social Science, Room 110
Hours: M - F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phone: (910) 672-1122
Dr. Nicole Lucas, Department Chair
Ms. Masceline Petitlubin, Administrative Support Associate