Financing is the act of providing funds for business activities, making purchases or investing. Financial institutions and banks are in the business of financing as they provide capital to businesses, consumers and investors to help them achieve their goals.
Why Choose Finance?
The Finance Department offers:
A B.S. in Banking and Finance: If you planning to attain a career in a banking firm, business sector, etc. , you should choose this degree. Based on your career goals, you will be taking courses geared towards:
- Business Administration
- Data Analytics
Find more information, including course description, on Major in Banking and Finance
Find more information, including course description, on Minor in Finance
What Will You Learn?
As a Banking and Finance major, you will be taking a combination of both elective and required courses that will teach you to:
- Apply appropriate problem-solving methodologies to the analysis and solution of financial problems
- Explain the role of financial management in the business firm and in the public sector
- Explain the functioning of financial markets and the roles of financial institutions
- Communicate effectively using oral, written, and multimedia techniques
- Evaluate ethical issues and dilemmas related to banking and finance.
What Will You Do?
Studying Banking and Finance can provide multiple opportunities in order to go on and attain exceptional careers either in graduate school, a business firm, a banking sector, etc.
- Accountant Technician
- Bank Manager
- Certified Actuarial Analyst (CAA)
- Chartered Certified Accountant
- Chartered Loss Adjuster
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Financial analysts
- Personal financial advisor
- Loan officer
- Budget analyst