Healthcare Administration (B.S.)
Healthcare is the maintenance and improvement of physical and mental health, especially through the provision of medical services.
Why Choose Healthcare Management?
The Healthcare Department offers:
A B.S. in Healthcare Administration: You should choose this degree if you are planning to attain a career in the healthcare workplace. Based on your career goals, you will be taking courses geared towards:
- Business Administration
- Human Resource Management
A B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in Healthcare Management: You should choose this degree if you are planning to attain a career in both business and healthcare (working at a hospital, business firm, etc.):
- Business Administration
- Database Management
Find more information, including course description, on Healthcare Management for All Majors
What Will You Learn?
As a Healthcare major, you will be taking a combination of both elective and required courses that will teach you to:
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers, establish and maintain relationships, and facilitate constructive interactions with individuals and groups
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of how to inspire individual and organizational excellence, create a shared vision and successfully manage change to attain the organization's strategic ends and successful performance.
- Students will be able to comprehend the alignment of personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards within healthcare, including a responsibility to the patient and community, a service orientation, and a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the healthcare environment, including healthcare systems and the environment in which healthcare managers and providers function.
- Students will be able to apply business principles, including systems thinking, to the healthcare environment.
If you will be having a Business Administration degree with a concentration in Healthcare Management, you will learn to:
- Comprehend issues in ethical decision making and social responsibility.
- Analyze financial data to support business decisions and assessment of business strategies.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, team and leadership skills necessary to function in multicultural business settings.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts, quantitative analysis tools and problem-solving methodologies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how global trends and competition affect businesses and their strategies.
What Will You Do?
Studying Healthcare Management will provide multiple opportunities to attain any career in the healthcare whether it be in a hospital, business firm, organization, etc.
- Hands-on Manager over Behavioral Health
- Director of Credentialing and Medical Staff Management
- Tenure Track Faculty
- Healthcare Management Consultant
- Clinical director
- Health & social service Manager
- Medical records manager
- Office manager
- Practice administrator