Dr. Bhoj R. Gautam
Bhoj Raj Gautam, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor of Physical Science
B.S. Tribhuvan University, Nepal
M.S. Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Ph. D. University of Utah, UT
Office: Science and Technology Building (STB) 315
Phone: (910) 672-1653
Research Website: https://fsusites.uncfsu.edu/bgautam/
Dr. Bhoj Gautam is an assistant professor of physical science in the Department of Chemistry and Physics at Fayetteville State University (FSU). He earned his Doctoral degree from the University of Utah and joined FSU as assistant professor. He has authored and coauthored more than 40 publications in the area of organic electronics and perovskite nanostructures and has a Google H-index of 16. His research interests include solid state physics, material science, and polymer chemistry, with special focus on understanding and controlling optoelectronic properties in organic and hybrid perovskite devices for solar energy conversion and optoelectronic applications.
Steady state and time resolved optical spectroscopy, charge and thermal transport in light harvesting materials, energy up-conversion in polymer and organic inorganic perovskites, polymer chemistry, material science and solid state physics.
1. Increased exciton delocalization of polymer upon blending with fullerene, B. Gautam, E. Klump, X. Yi, I. Constantinou, N. Shewmon, A. Salehi, C. K. Lo, Z. Zheng, J-L. Brédas, K. Gundogdu, J. R. Reynolds, and F. So, Adv. Mater., 2018, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201801392
2. Every atom counts: Elucidating the fundamental impact of structural change in conjugated polymers for organic photovoltaics, C. K. Lo, B. R. Gautam, P. Selter, Z. Zheng, S. D. Oosterhout, I. Constantinou, R. Knitsch, R. M.W.Wolfe, X. Yi, J-L. Brédas, F. So, M. F. Toney, V. Coropceanu, M. R. Hansen, K. Gundogdu, J. R. Reynolds, Chem. Mater., 30, 2995-3009 (2018).
3. The role of FRET in non-fullerene organic solar cells: Implications for molecular design, B. R. Gautam, R. Younts, J. Carpenter, H. Ade, and K. Gundogdu, J. Phys. Chem. A, 15, 3764-3771 (2018).
4. Charge generation dynamics in polymer nonfullerene solar cells with low energy loss, R. Younts, E. Danilov, K. Gundogdu, and B. Gautam, J. Photon. Energy, 8, 032209 (2018).
5. Impact of nonfullerene molecular architecture on charge generation, transport, and morphology in PTB7-Th-based organic solar cells, X. Yi, B. Gautam, I. Constantinou, Y. Cheng, Z. Peng, E. Klump, X. Ba, C. Hoi, Y. Ho, C. Dong, S. R. Marder, J. R. Reynolds, S. Tsang, H. Ade, and F. So, Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201802702
6. Fast luminescence from rare-earth-codoped BaSiF6 nanowires with high aspect ratios, G. George, S. L. Jackson, Z. R. Mobley, B. R. Gautam, D. Fang, J. Peng, D. Luo, J. Wen, J. E. Davis, D. Ila, and Z. Luo, J. Mater. Chem. C, 2018, DOI: 10.1039/C8TC01651H
7. Polymer non-fullerene solar cells of vastly different efficiencies for minor side-chain modification: Impact of charge transfer, carrier lifetime, morphology and mobility, O. M. Awartani, B. Gautam, W. Zhao, R. Younts, J. Hou, K. Gundogdu, and H. Ade, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2018, DOI: 10.1039/C7TA01746D
8. Impact of highly crystalline, isoindigo-based small-molecular additives for enhancing the performance of all-polymer solar cells, H. Cho, G. Han, R. Younts, W. Lee, B. R. Gautam, S. Lee, C. Lee, T. Kim, F. S. Kim, K. Gundogdu, and B. J. Kim, J. Mater. Chem. A, 5, 21291 (2017).
9. Ultraviolet-ozone surface modification for non-wetting hole transport materials based inverted planar perovskite solar cells with efficiency exceeding 18%, X. Xu, C. Ma, Y. Cheng, Y.-M. Xie, X. Yi, B. Gautam, S. Chen, H-W Li, C-S. Lee, F. So, S.-W. Tsang, J. Power Sources, 360, 157e165 (2017).
10. Near-infrared non-fullerene organic solar cells with high efficient charge separation at a small driving force, Y. Li, L. Zhong, B. Gautam, J.-D Lin, F.-P. Wu, Z.-Q. Jiang, Z.-G. Zhang, Z. Zhang, K. Gundogdu, Y. Li, and L.-S. Liao, Energy Environ. Sci., 10, 1610-1620 (2017).
11. Efficient generation of long-lived triplet excitons in 2D hybrid perovskite, R. Younts*, H.-S. Duan, B. Gautam, B. Saparov, J. Liu, C. Mongin, F. N. Castellano, D. B. Mitzi, K. Gundogdu, Adv. Mater. (2017). DOI: 10.1002/adma.201604278
Zhiping Luo, Bhoj Gautam, Daryush Ila, Weigang Lu, Dan Neuman, IMREL-CHRNS Partnership for Research and Education in Materials (IC-PREM) using a National Facility, national Science Foundation, No. DMR 1827731, 09/01/2018-08/31/2021, $600,00.