Fayetteville State University’s (FSU) College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Honors and Awards Committee and the CAS Administrative Support Council announced its College Award Winners for 2019. The awards were presented April 9, 2019, in Shaw Auditorium.
- Teacher of the Year - Dr. Beth Bir, Department of English and Dr. Zahra Shekarkhar, Department of Criminal Justice
- Administrative Support Staff Member of the Year - Deborah Keller, Department of Biological Sciences (Accepting for her, Dr. Kassem)
- Academician Scholar of the Year - Dr. Xiaochen Hu, Department of Criminal Justice
- Department of the Year - Communication, Languages, and Cultures
- Student of the Year - Jose' Canas, School of Social Work
The yearly awards are determined from nominations by faculty, staff and students. The Honors and Awards Committee reviews nominations and selects on the Teacher of the Year, Academician of the Year, Department of the Year and Student of the Year. The Administrative Support Council reviews nominations and selects Staff Member of the Year.
Certificates and plaques were given to the winners. Additional Awards were announced from each of the Schools and Departments in the College of Arts and Sciences, with special emphasis on student awards.
About Fayetteville State University
Fayetteville State University is a constituent institution of The University of North Carolina and the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state, having been founded in 1867. FSU offers degrees at the baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral levels. With more than 6,300 students, Fayetteville State University is among the most diverse institutions in the nation. To learn more about Fayetteville State University, visit https://www.uncfsu.edu. Chancellor James A. Anderson is the 11th chief executive officer.