The priority deadline for completing applications (note that applications are not complete until all the relevant documentation has been provided) for admission is ten days prior to the 1st day of classes in any given semester.
Submission of a completed application packet by the priority deadline guarantees you an admission decision before the 1st day of classes for that semester. The good news is we can usually process a completed packet within a week of receipt. Here is a list of upcoming semesters:
- Full 16-week Semester of Spring 22: January 12-May 6
- 1st 8-week Semester of Spring 2022: January 12- March 4
- 2nd 8-week Semester of Spring 2022: March 14- May 6
- 8 week Summer Session of 2022: June 1-August 1
Based on this, the upcoming priority deadlines for admission are January 2nd (for Spring, 2022), March 4th (for the 2nd 8-week semester of Spring, 2022) and May 20th (for Summer 2022).
Fayetteville State University is committed to offering a flexible and affordable MBA education. To that end, we have designed our admission requirements to work for you:
The following information will help you learn more about the requirements of the program, the cost of the program, paying for the program, and special options for military and veterans. The apply button will take you to the MBA online application page.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher (or graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Minimum GMAT (or GRE predicted GMAT) score of 400; or a GMAT waiver (view pop-up on waiver policy)
What if I don't meet these requirements?
You may still apply as Degree Seeking status but may be admitted on a Conditional status. You will be permitted to enroll up to 12 credit hours (4 classes), which may be used to attain a GMAT waiver if you sustain 3.4 minimum GPA. These credit hours apply to your MBA program once you enter Degree Seeking status.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Online Application;
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $50 on that site;
- Send official (sealed) transcripts from each college or university you have attended (view pop-up for mailing address);
- Send official test scores from the GMAT (FSU code 4RG-7x-23) or GRE (FSU code 7275);
- Submit recommendation letters through the online application process. Recommenders should be people who are qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate success;
- Test of English-as-a-Foreign-Language (TOEFL) for students whose native language is not English.
What if I'm an international student? The processes are similar, but additional information on various steps is as follows:
- Review the Admissions for International Students page here;
- Test of English-as-a-Foreign-Language (TOEFL) for students whose native language is not English;
- Complete the International Student Application and Financial Certification;
- Additional information on International Education at FSU can be found on this page here.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent;
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50 or higher for Business Graduate Certificate;
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher for all other Graduate Certificates.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application via Online Application;
- Pay the application fee online;
- Send official (sealed) transcripts from each college or university you have attended.
FSU Undergraduate students majoring in Accounting, Business Administration, and Economics and Finance in the School of Business and Economics may apply for admission to the MBA program during their junior year. Qualified applicants may enroll in up to six credit hours of graduate-level courses during each semester of their senior year, and then complete the remaining MBA courses in only one additional year beyond the undergraduate degree. Requirements for admission into the Three-Two Program are based on current MBA policy with the exception of completion of a baccalaureate degree. Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- GPA for the last 60 hours = 3.0 or better (200 x GPA) + (GMAT Score) = 1000 or better
- Note: The GRE predicted score for GMAT may be used in the above formula
Applicants that fit one or more of the following criteria may be considered for a GMAT waiver:
- Superior academic performance in a regionally accredited undergraduate institution with a GPA of 3.6 or higher
- Demonstration of 10 years of progressive professional advancement experience, with a significant record of accomplishments, which may include earning credentials such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- US Military Service
- Nine or more credit hours in an AACSB-accredited graduate program with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher
- A completed graduate degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution (or equivalent)
GMAT waivers are not guaranteed and must be granted by the FSU MBA Admissions Committee. Interested applicants should submit a written GMAT waiver request to the MBA Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee will review such requests on a case-by-case basis. Meeting minimum requirements for consideration does not guarantee approval.
We understand that as a busy professional, your time is precious and you can only afford to invest in a program that will invest in you by offering great value at an affordable price. At FSU, we are pleased to offer the #1 MBA online in NC ranked in value.
With the most affordable MBA program in the UNC system, you pay only a fraction of the cost of other UNC schools while still enjoying full AACSB accreditation and the ability to take courses from other campuses through UNC Online. Learn more about our program's unbeatable costs, including financial aid and special options for military and veterans.
Tuition & Fees
Detailed information about FSU costs can be found at the bursar's site here.
For the full, two-year program of 36 credit hours and four semesters, the total tuition and fees are estimated below based on the 2017-2018 costs. Please note this has been estimated for your convenience. This estimate also assumes that you will not need student medical insurance (~$2,200 per year).The actual amount may vary depending on how many class you take, whether you do any additional courses, how many semesters you take to finish the program and any other financial actions as processed by the bursar's office.
Main Campus, In-person
- In-state: $12,127.94
- Out-of-state: $34,258.76
Distance and Online Education
- In-state: $7,813.08
- Out-of-state: $18,401.40
We understand that affording your education is a top priority. FSU features the lowest cost of any MBA degree in the UNC system, yet still ranks #3 in overall quality.
There are a few ways that you can more easily afford the MBA@FayState:
- Internships: A limited number of paid internships are available for qualified students. The internships are provided by local organizations and are designated for students with demonstrated academic excellence.
- Graduate Assistantships: Graduate assistantships are available to MBA students. Qualified students will receive up to $3,000 for an academic year in exchange for a tutorial, research, and other related services.
- Loans: Graduate students are entitled to apply for Guaranteed Student Loans (GSL), Perkins Loans, and the State Employees' Credit Union's Student Loan. Visit our Community page for more information on scholarships and financial aid.
- Employer Assistance: Many employers offer full or partial reimbursement for employees to continue their education. Check with yours today!
- Military Benefits: Visit our community page to learn more about financing your education as a military service member or relative.
- Federal Direct Loans: U.S. citizens and permanent residents who meet basic federal requirements may be eligible to borrow up to $20,500 per academic year. To qualify, you must complete the FAFSA.