Veterans Business Outreach Center Program, $585,000 (2019), US Small Business Administration (SBA), PI: Brown, Jesse
TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program, $50,000 (2019), Thurgood Marshall College Fund, Inc., PI: Brown, Jesse
Optimal DMV Locations, $16,027 (2019), NCDOT, PI: Adivar, Burcu
3D Printing and Medical Education, $69,994 (2019), DOD U.S. Army Command, PI: Adivar, Burcu
A business and economic development course for civil affairs, $151,618 (2017), DOD DA Special Operations Command, PI: Phelan, Steven
Veterans Business Outreach Center, $500,000 (2018), US Small Business Administration (SBA), PI: Jackson, Pamela
Comprehensive Regional Impact Analysis for Reduction of Personnel at Fort Liberty, $71,100 (2017), City of Fayetteville, PI: McElveen, Gregory
Coding Camp: Training the Next Generation of Computer Science Professionals, $54,231 (2017), Google, PI: Yew, Bee
Veteran's Business Outreach Center Program, $1,038,400 (2015), Small Business Administration, PI: Jackson, Pamela
Strategic Recommendations for Attracting Private Capital to Fund Hog Waste-to-Energy Ecosystems, $24,893 (2015), DOC Economic Development Administration, PI: McElveen, Gregory
Promoting Food Security in a Low Income Urban Community: The Murchison Road Community Farmers Market, $79,372 (2015), USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), PI: Jackson, Pamela
Major services delivered by the Center for Economic Education are:
- We work with the Council for Economic Education and the NC Council of Economic Education (NCCEE) to develop and distribute unique field-tested materials for use in the classroom.
- We provide professional development and NC financial literacy training through workshops, seminars and university-based courses for secondary and primary school teachers at no cost to teachers or schools.
- We participate in NCCEE sponsored statewide academic and standards-based competitions that foster interest in economics and financial literacy and enhance the learning experience.
- We work with policymakers as advocates for economic education and financial literacy initiatives in the public schools in conjunction with NCCEE.
- We work with the NC Department of Public Instruction to distribute standards-based curriculum at no cost to teachers or schools.
- We have partnered with the College Access Program at Fayetteville State University to conduct workshops for High School and Middle School Students at 21st Century Learning Centers, the Saturday Academy for Upward Bound Math and Science, the Saturday Academy for Upward Bound.
- Summer Financial Literacy Camp in partnership with the College Access Programs at Fayetteville State University.
The GeoCache for College Cash event, in which students have the opportunity to compete for cash prizes by demonstrating their understanding of personal finance concepts through an innovative quiz was held on April 25, 2018 on the ground floor of CBE Building.
The next GeoCache for College Cash event will be on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 on the ground floor of BCBE Lobby. You will need a smartphone to enter this game.