Green to Gold
Green to Gold Scholarship Option (Current Active Duty Only):
Green to Gold Scholarship recipients generally make up at least half the battalion's strength and they are an integral part of the battalion's overall excellence. Scholarships are available for 2, 3, or 4 years for up to $17,000 per year (usually based upon the cost of the school you are applying to). The application window opens 15 November and closes March 15th for the following fall semester.
For more information on the Green to Gold Scholarship option, click here.
For information on receiving a Green to Gold Hip-Pocket Scholarship from your Division Commander, click here.
For information on the Green to Gold Non-Scholarship option, click here.
Green to Gold Active Duty Option (ADO):
The ADO is a highly competitive program offered to enlisted Soldiers who are currently on Active Duty and wish to become a Commissioned Officer in the United States Army.
For more information on the Active Duty Option, click here.
Green to Gold Criteria:
- GT Score of 110 or greater.
- Eligible for reenlistment.
- Have a favorable recommendation from your commander.
- Have not completed a baccalaureate degree.
- Meet General Eligibility Criteria
For more complete information visit Cadet Command's Green to Gold web site by clicking here.
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Be under 31 years of age on 31 December of the year you are commissioned and receive a baccalaureate degree.
- Waiver for non-scholarship cadets can be granted to age 35 (at commissioning/baccalaureate degree).
- Have no moral obligation against performing military duties.
- Have no more than three dependents (including spouse) unless a waiver is granted by Headquarters Cadet Command. A single parent requires a waiver.
- Have less than 10 year active federal military service (Waivers are granted on a case by case basis).
- Have had no civil convictions, indictments, or adverse juvenile adjudications other than minor traffic violations less than $250 unless a waiver is obtained from Cadet Command.