You are considered a first-time freshman applicant if you have not taken any college-level coursework (with the exception of summer courses) after completing high school. Fayetteville State University seeks to admit students who are academically prepared, who desire to succeed, and who are highly-motivated academically, professionally, and personally.
What to Submit
To apply as a first-time freshman, you should submit the following:
- Undergraduate Application for Admission through Broncoville or CFNC.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official high school transcript.
- Official SAT/ACT scores - Optional for 2024.
Our freshman profile is: Average GPA 3.27 weighted, Average SAT 942, Average ACT 18. FSU considers applications holistically, so students may be admitted above or below the averages.
In reaching an admission decision, we consider your overall academic performance and grades, and your class rank (if available). While letters of recommendation are not required, they give us additional information about your accomplishments.
The minimum requirements for admission to Fayetteville State University are:
- A 2.5 or higher GPA on your final high school transcript.
- Completion of the minimum course requirements. (see below)
*As a member of the UNC System, Fayetteville State University will waive the standardized testing requirements for the 2024 application. However, submitting test scores, if available, can contribute to the holistic review of your application.
You must meet the following minimum course requirements to be eligible for admission: *
Four course units in language, including
- four units in English emphasizing grammar, composition, and literature
Four course units of mathematics, in any of the following combinations
- algebra I and II, geometry, and one unit beyond algebra II,
- algebra I and II, and two units beyond algebra II, or
- integrated math I, II, and III, and one unit beyond integrated math III.
The University strongly encourages future students to take at least one mathematics course unit in the 12th grade.
Three course units in science, including
- at least one unit in a life or biological science (for example, biology),
- at least one unit in physical sciences (for example, physical science, chemistry, physics), and
- at least one laboratory course.
Two course units in social studies, including one unit in U.S. history. Students who do not have the unit in U.S. history may be admitted on the condition that that they pass at least three semester hours in that subject by the end of the sophomore year.
For students applying for first-time (freshman) admission to constituent institutions through the 2024 spring semester:
- Two-course units of a language other than English.
For students applying for first-time (freshman) admission to constituent institutions after the 2024 spring semester:
- Two additional academic courses from English, mathematics, science, social studies, world languages, or computer science.
(Note: these courses should be selected in alignment with a student’s academic and career objectives. Completion of two sequential world language courses is recommended.)
FSU is a friendly, family-oriented school. All of my classes are very small, and I can always easily get help from my professors during office hours or after class.