Frequently Asked Questions
1. What services are offered at the Fayetteville-Cumberland Regional Entrepreneur-Business HUB?
The Fayetteville-Cumberland Regional Entrepreneur-Business HUB offers support and resources to provide on-site, one-stop assistance to help entrepreneurs launch new enterprises, small business training, access capital, obtain certifications, bonding, and win government contracts.
2. What type of space and resources do you offer entrepreneurs and small businesses?
The HUB offers meeting/training space with video conferencing capabilities, maker space with 3D printing, and Plotter.
3. Are there fees/cost for the services?
No! The HUB Centers provides the counseling services free-of-charge. The counseling services include key elements such as pre-business planning, concept assessment, procurement assistance and business development.
4. Who is eligible to utilize the Fayetteville-Cumberland Regional Entrepreneur-Business HUB?
Aspiring entrepreneurs, existing small businesses owners, subcontractors, prime contractors, non-profit agencies assisting entrepreneurs and small businesses, and economic development-government entities.
5. What counties does the Fayetteville-Cumberland Regional Entrepreneur-Business HUB covers?
The counties served include Bladen, Cumberland, Harnett, Hoke, Richmond, Robeson, and Sampson.
6. Will the HUB write my business plan, bid proposal, or grant for me?
No. The HUB Center Business Advisors will guide you through the “how-to” of writing your business plan, bid proposals, grants and/or loan paperwork. They will work one-on-one with you to develop a comprehensive plan with accompanying cash flow projections and financial statements.
7. My business has been established for some time. How can the HUB help me?
The HUB Centers provides an array of services to established businesses including counseling in business planning; marketing and promotion; financial analysis; and accounting; procurement assistance program for companies that want to bid on university, local, state and federal government contracts.
8. I’m interested in acquiring certifications for my business. Can you help me with this?
Yes, our business advisors can help guide you through the process to obtain appropriate certifications for government contracting opportunities.
9. How can I obtain more information about the HUB?
Please contact reception desk at 910-672-1384 and visit the entrepreneurial centers website to schedule a consultation.
10. How can I make an appointment with the entrepreneurial centers within the HUB?
- EDA Office Please call 910-672-1384
- SBTDC or GCAP Offices To schedule an appointment, please visit: sbtdc.org/offices/fsu/
- VBOC Offices To schedule an appointment, please visit: www.fsuvboc.com
11. What are the hours of operation?
The HUB is open Monday-Friday 8 am –5 pm. The HUB is open in the evenings during special events.