Master in Psychology
Currently under redesign
The Master Program in Psychology is currently being re-designed. Due to this fact, we are not currently accepting applications.
The students already accepted into the program will complete their course work under the original status of their admission. Please, stay tuned to upcoming announcements about the status of the program.
The information available in these pages refer to the previous Counseling Psychology track only and it is provided for students currently accepted in the program.
1. Application The application form to the Master's in Psychology.
2. A Personal Statement A Personal Statement (typed and no more than four pages) describing your interest in psychology, your long term goals pertaining to the field of psychology, and what you hope to obtain from the M.A. psychology program at Fayetteville State University
3. Official Transcripts Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. To be eligible for full acceptance into the Graduate Psychology Program, applicants must have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, with an overall minimum 2.60 average on a 4.00 scale for all undergraduate work or a minimum 3.00 average in the last 60 hours of study, which may include no more than 12 hours of graduate study. Twelve (12) undergraduate coursework in Psychology including General Psychology, Statistics, Research Methods in Psychology, and one additional substantive course in psychology. If you do not currently have these prerequisites met, you can still be accepted into the Graduate Program on a provisional basis while you complete the undergraduate courses.
4. Recommendations Submit two recommendation forms from professional references, including at least one academic reference, to Admission Office.
5. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) The Graduate Record Exam must be completed and official scores sent to Fayetteville State University Admission Office. A combined score of 290 on the Verbal and Quantitative sections is desired but not required. 6. Curriculum Vitae A current CV reflecting any paid and/or volunteer experience is required.