Opportunities for Students
Our students are an integral part of research, innovation and programming activities. We support the preparation of our students for employment at government agencies, national labs and industries.
Fayetteville State University Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (FSU-RISE) is a project federally-funded by the National Institute of Health and Human Services (NIHHS) with the overall goal to increase the number of well-prepared FSU biology, chemistry and psychology minority students entering biomedical and behavioral research.
Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program
We provide McNair Scholars with the opportunity to work one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conduct a research project. McNair Scholars are in residence at FSU during the summer and a FSU faculty mentor is identified with whom the student will work closely in the execution of the research. In addition, McNair Scholars are provided with GRE and graduate school preparation workshops along with other professional development seminars and scholarly activities. If you would like to receive more information regarding our program or if you are a faculty member at Fayetteville State University and you are interested in mentoring a student, please contact our office.
A targeted pesticide that will not harm humans.
Dr. Shirley Chao
Interdisciplinary Materials Research and Education Laboratory
The mission of IMREL is to provide an open platform for faculty, staff and students at FSU, and external national and international collaborators to conduct cutting-edge materials research and transformative STEM education. Collaboration in multi-disciplines is very encouraged, and research to advance our fundamental understanding in any field of materials science in terms of material synthesis, fabrication, processing or performance is highly supported. The involvement of students in the research is a core value of IMREL.
(1) To infuse Materials Science education to FSU;
(2) To enhance research and education infrastructure;
(3) To promote faculty engagement in research through interdisciplinary collaborations; and
(4) To increase student enrollment and graduation rate.
IMREL is administrated by Department of Chemistry and Physics, and in close collaboration with Southeastern North Carolina Regional Microanalytical and Imaging Consortium.
- Applications close Sunday, November 12, 2017. The U.S. Army Institute for Surgical Research, located in San Antonio, TX has just posted their opportunity for the 2018 Summer Internship Program. This opportunity is open to only Bachelor level candidates. U.S. Citizenship is REQUIRED.
Travel to meeting
ORAU Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings (Deadline is in September Annually)
- Please note that the Office of Career Services is the FSU contact office for internship opportunities. They may be reached at (910) 672-1205.