Healthcare Management (Graduate Certificate)
The Graduate Certificate Program in Healthcare Management provides students with a broad knowledge of health care business concepts, building a solid foundation for success as a leader in the healthcare industry. This option is especially popular, give the proximity of world-class healthcare providers, including UNC, Duke, Fayetteville VA, and the local Cape Fear Valley health systems.
The Graduate Certificate is designed upon major frameworks in the healthcare industry: Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality®, Certified Specialist Managed Care, and Certified Healthcare Administrative Professional.
Students take 5 out of 7 courses of 3 credit hours each to earn a total of 15 credits in order to obtain the certificate:
- HCM 680 Managed Care & American Health Care System
- HCM 681 Health Care Finance & Control
- HCM 682 Health Services Marketing
- HCM 683 Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care
- HCM 684 Human Resources for Health Care Management
- HCM 685 Health Care Information Systems
- HCM 686 Measuring and Managing Quality Outcomes