Dr. Chester Dilday received his BA, MSW, and PhD in Social Work from The Ohio State University in Columbus Ohio. His dissertation title was "Developing Reflective Social Policy Decision Making Through Computer Simulation". He worked for seven years as the Research Coordinator at Family Counseling and Crittenton Services in Columbus, Ohio. He served for 14 years as Director of the Social Work Program and Chair of Social Work Department at Chadron State College in Chadron, Nebraska. He was also Social Work Practicum Coordinator there for two years. Dilday led the CSC Social Work Program through initial accreditation, reaffirmation, and approval of an Alterative Program based on distance learning with the CSWE (Council on Social Work Education). He is a member of the National Association of Social Workers, the Council on Social Work Education, the Baccalaureate Program Directors, and served on BPD's Technology Committee. Dilday's research interest includes investigating uses of technology in social work education and practice such as computer simulations and web based assessment. He also has an interest in the recruitment and retention of Native American students in social work education.
- PhD, The Ohio State University
- MSW, The Ohio State University
- BA, The Ohio State University
- SWRK 530 - Social Work Statistics & Data Analysis
- SWRK 560 - Applied Social Work Research Methods
- SWRK 608 - Statistics and Research Seminar
- Technology and Social Work Education
- Marquez, M.R., Brown, T.M., Dilday, C.D, Woods, T.M., Perkins, E. G. (2014). A call for military-centric social work education. Journal of Sociology and Social Work, 2(2), pp. 253-262.
- Dilday, C. (2010). Research Proposal Helper: A CD-ROM Based Intereactive Research Prosposal Preparation Program for Students Research Projects. MountainRise, the International Joural of the Schlorship of Teaching and Learning, 16.
- Brown, T. M., Dilday, C., Johnson, O., Jackson, D., & Brown, D. (2008). Students' mentoring relationships in social work education. Sociation, 6(2).
- Council on Social Work Education
- Association of Baccalaureate Program Directors
- National Association of Social Workers