Ms. Williams received her BS in Psychology from Florida A&M University, her MS in Human Resource Management from Troy University, and her MSW from NC State University. Ms. Williams has 8 years of experience in Social Work, Mental Health, and Higher Education both in the private and public sector. Her experience includes Foster Care Social Work at Cumberland and Buncombe County DSS, University Liaison for a Federal SAMSHA Grant with Fayetteville State University, I/DD Care Coordinator with Cumberland County Mental Health, and clinical mental health internships with B&D Integrated Health Services and the PTSD Clinic at the Durham VA Healthcare System. Ms. Williams currently holds her LCSWA and works as a HUD/VASH Social Worker in the Homeless Program with the Durham VA Healthcare System.
- MSW, North Carolina State University
- MS, Troy University
- BS, Florida A&M University
- SWRK 230 - Introduction to Social Work
Child and family welfare, homelessness and housing, trauma, mental health, social justice, and minority and women's issues.
- Williams, S. E., Nichols, Q. L. and Williams, N. L. (2013). Public child welfare workers' perception of efficacy relative to multicultural awareness, knowledge and skills. Children and Youth Services Review. Journal of Child Services Review 35(10), 1789-1793.
- National Association of Social Workers