Gaining Early Awareness & Readiness for Undergraduate Programs - GEAR UP
We provide support that will enhance academic skills to help high school students with achieving the desire to go to college by helping to prepare, apply, pay and enroll into college.
Why Participate in GEAR UP?
As a leader in the college access industry, we have a strong track record of having positive effects on helping students complete middle/high school and enroll into college. Our dedicated team provides support to local target schools to increase the college-going culture. There is no cost for any services provided by our program.
- After-school tutoring
- Saturday Academy
- Career Exploration
- Assistance in Completing College Applications & Financial Aid Forms
- Scholarship Search Assistance
- ACT/SAT Prep
- College Application Fee Waivers
- College, Cultural & Educational Tours
- Transition to High School/College
- Parent Workshops
- Summer Camps
- Teacher Professional Development
To participant in the program, you must currently be a 7th or 8th grader at a target middle school.
- Douglas Byrd Middle School
- Lewis Chapel Middle School
- Luther Nick Jeralds Middle School
- Westover Middle School
The Fayetteville State University GEAR UP Program is funded from 2017-2025 entirely from the U.S. Department of Education in the amount of $1,200,000 annually.