Employer supported educational programs were established to help further enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities of its employees, thereby increasing their ability to overall enhance the business' performance, as well as increase their ability to support the overall university mission, vision, and values.
(**NOTE: This site provides information on Education Program Benefits for Fayetteville State University (FSU) permanent employees. Non-FSU employees must adhere to their own employing institution's policy for guidance on application and payment assistance.**)
- Tuition Waiver Form
- Tuition and Fee Waiver Policy
- The University of North Carolina System Tuition Waivers
- Tuition Waiver FAQs
IMPORTANT NOTE OF CHANGE: All Non-FSU employees must submit completed Tuition Waiver application directly to FSU Student Accounts/Third Party Billing (Attn: Kristen Aube). Non-FSU employees should not submit Tuition Wavier applications to FSU's Office of Human Resources; doing so will only delay your application approval and submission process.
Important tips for Fayetteville State University Employees:
- A completed application for Faculty and Staff Tuition/Fee Waiver must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources (HR) no later than one day prior to the Tuition /Fee Waiver submission deadline for review, approval, and forwarding for bill processing.
- No Exception to Policy: Late submissions are not accepted.
- This is an employee benefit. Employees are responsible for completion, timely submission for approval, and tracking of waiver for fee processing.
- Tuition waived is considered reportable taxable compensation subject to social security, federal and state tax withholding if the value of the benefit exceeds the IRS established limits. Depending upon prevailing tax laws, for each calendar year, the tuition benefit amount over the IRS threshold will be reported as income on the employee's W-2 form.
|Tuition Waiver (TW) Application Deadline|
|Summer I 2017||Summer II 2017||Fall 2017||Spring 2018||Summer I 2018||Summer II 2018|
|Registration Begins||April 10, 2017||April 10, 2017||April 10, 2017||November 6, 2017||April 9, 2018||April 9, 2018|
|FSU EmployeeHR TW Deadline||May 22, 2017||June 20, 2017||July 31, 2017||December 14, 2017||May 21, 2018||June 20, 2018|
|**Non-FSU EmployeeTW Deadline||May 23, 2017||June 21, 2017||August 1, 2017||December 15, 2017||May 22, 2018||June 21, 2018|
|Registration Ends||June 2, 2017||July 3, 2017||August 14, 2017||January 12, 2018||June 1, 2018||July 4, 2018|
|First Day of Class||June 5, 2017||July 5, 2017||August 15, 2017||January 13, 2018||June 4, 2018||July 5, 2018|
|Late Registration Ends||June 7, 2017||July 7, 2017||August 21, 2017||January 19, 2018||June 6, 2018||July 5, 2018|
|**Non-FSU Employees must submit TW forms directly to Student Accounts/Third Party Billing by provided deadline.**|
Academic Assistance Program
Academic Assistance Program funding is suspended at this time
If an employee is taking courses directly related to his/her job duties and responsibilities, academic assistance is available.
- Obtain course approval from supervisor
- Register for the approved course (If in question of course approval, seek guidance from the Office of Human Resources)
- Pay for the course
- Submit original receipt, grade slip, and complete application to HR for processing. Note: Only grades of "C" or better will be approved for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement is usually recevied within 14 working days of submission (with normal HR approval and Accounts Payable processing)