Employer supported educational programs were established to help further enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities of its employees, thereby increasing their ability to overall enhance the business' performance, as well as increase their ability to support the overall university mission, vision, and values.
(**NOTE: This site provides information on Education Program Benefits for Fayetteville State University (FSU) permanent employees. Non-FSU employees must adhere to their own employing institution's policy for guidance on application and payment assistance.**
- Tuition Waiver Form
- Tuition and Fee Waiver Policy
- The University of North Carolina System Tuition Waivers
- Tuition Waiver FAQs
IMPORTANT NOTE OF CHANGE: All Non-FSU employees must submit completed Tuition Waiver application directly to FSU Student Accounts/Third Party Billing (Attn: Kristen Aube). Non-FSU employees should not submit Tuition Wavier applications to FSU's Office of Human Resources; doing so will only delay your application approval and submission process.
Important tips for Fayetteville State University Employees:
- A completed application for Faculty and Staff Tuition/Fee Waiver must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources (HR) no later than one day prior to the Tuition /Fee Waiver submission deadline for review, approval, and forwarding for bill processing.
- No Exception to Policy: Late submissions are not accepted.
- This is an employee benefit. Employees are responsible for completion, timely submission for approval, and tracking of waiver for fee processing.
- Tuition waived is considered reportable taxable compensation subject to social security, federal and state tax withholding if the value of the benefit exceeds the IRS established limits. Depending upon prevailing tax laws, for each calendar year, the tuition benefit amount over the IRS threshold will be reported as income on the employee's W-2 form.
|Fall 2021||Spring 2022||Summer 2022|
|Registrations Begins||May 5, 2021||November 1, 2021||November 1, 2022|
|FSU Employee HR TW Deadline||July 29,2021||December 13, 2021||May 19, 2022|
|** Non-FSU Employee TW Deadline||July 30, 2021||December 14, 2021||May 20, 2022|
|Registration Ends||August 17, 2021||January 11, 2022||July 3, 2022|
|First Day of Class||August 18, 2021||January 12, 2022||July 5, 2022|
|Late Registration Ends||August 24, 2021||January 19, 2022||July 7, 2022|