Your reward for Academic Excellence! Alumni, parents and friends, as well as, corporations and foundations support more than 100 scholarship funds administered by FSU and awarded by the scholarship committee.
Fayetteville State University (FSU) and external agencies offer an array of scholarship opportunities to assist students with their educational expenses. Scholarship awards are free money, that you do not have to pay back.
Each scholarship has it's own eligibility requirements, ranging from special talent scholarships to academic scholarships. Although you only have to apply once, we encourage you to explore the scholarships we offer. To learn more about scholarship opportunities, visit us at the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid.
Deadline for application
submission is March 31, 2022
Please Note: Your application you will be considered for all scholarships you are eligible for at the time of submission.
For questions, contact:
The Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
Dr. Valeria Fleming is a retired Professor of Biology who has been a pioneer educator and researcher at Fayetteville State University for 55 years. She earned her bachelor's and master's degrees from North Carolina Central University and the Ph.D. from UNC - Chapel Hill. An outstanding teacher and researcher known for her high standards of excellence, Dr. Fleming has motivated and inspired students to further study and careers in sciences.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: February 19, 2022
Valeria Fleming STEM Scholarship recipients must:
- Be a Freshman applicant for admission to Fayetteville State University, meeting all requirements for admission.
- Submit application for Valeria Fleming STEM scholarship with recommendations from two (2) educators who can assess applicant's potential for success in a STEM major at FSU.
- High School GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Have the intent to major in one of the following majors: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Forensic Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Middle Grades or Secondary Teacher Education in Mathematics or Science, or the FSU - NCSU 3+2 program Engineering.
Benefits of the Scholarship
Valeria Fleming STEM scholars will:
- Be awarded a "Debt-Free" scholarship for up to four (4) years of enrollment. The debt-free scholarship means that Fleming Scholars will not be required to secure loans to cover the costs of earning their degrees. FSU will award a scholarship to cover the cost of tuition/fees/room/board in combination with any federal or state grants or other scholarships students receive, including the required Federal Work Study.
- Be assigned a Faculty Mentor in their area of intended major. Mentors will supervise students' work study assignments, guide student research projects, assist the student in securing and preparing for summer research opportunities, and assist students in academic and career planning.
Valeria Fleming STEM scholars will be required to:
- Maintain full-time enrollment and live on campus.
- Participate in the Federal Work Study program.
To Continue in the Program
Valeria Fleming STEM scholars must:
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward completion of a major in the specified STEM discipline.
- Maintain a cumulative FSU GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Earn at least 30 credits per academic year. Students who fall short of earing 30 credits in the regular academic year may attend summer school to make up the deficit and retain the scholarship, however scholarship funds do no cover summer school attendance.
- The Valeria Fleming STEM scholarship will be awarded for up to four years.
Complete the application here ---> Valeria Fleming Scholarship Application
Please email your completed application along with your two references to Ms. Na'Tiasia McClendon at email@example.com.
In the subject line please type: Dr. Valeria Fleming Scholarship Application
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to submit your completed application with both references along with the correct email subject header will result in the delay of the processing of your application.
Aside from Institutional Scholarships, many external agencies have contacted The Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid regarding scholarship opportunities.
|North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals||TBA|
|United Negro College Fund (UNCF)|
|State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC)||TBA|
|Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation||TBA|
|Strong Foundation Scholarship||TBA|
|Marian Drane Graham Scholars Program||TBA|
|North State Law Enforcement Officers Association Scholarship||TBA|
|NC Sheriffs Association Undergraduate Criminal Justice Scholarships||TBA|
|Gates Millennlum Scholarships (major)||TBA|
|Native American Scholarship Application||TBA|
|Triangle Native American Society Scholarship||TBA|
|Thurgood Marshall College Fund|
|Networth Scholarship Application||TBA|
|Historically Black College & University Scholarships|
|Federal Scholarships & Aid Gateways 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel|
|Triangle Community Foundation|
|Cumberland Community Foundation Scholarships||TBA|
|American Indian College Fund||TBA|
|Army Emergency Relief Scholarship||TBA|
|College Foundation of North Carolina|
FTCC Keen Scholarship
The FTCC Keen Scholarship is a scholarship for FTCC students that will provide a seamless transition for matriculating students to Fayetteville State University.
To qualify for this scholarship, an individual must (1) have earned an associate degree from FTCC (2) have a minimum GPA of at least 3.0 and (3) meet all requirements for admissions to FSU.
Priority will be given to high demand work-force majors such as Nursing, Business Analytics, Intelligence Studies, and Cybersecurity.
For more information, contact FSU at (910) 672-2850.