- Can I inquire about my student's financial aid status on their behalf?
- Can you please tell me where I can find more information about the different offices on campus?
- I received an email and/or correspondence from SSC (School Servicing Center)/CFI (College Foundation Incorporated). What is my next step?
- What is cost of attendance (COA), and how does it affect my student?
- How do I know if my student received enough financial aid to cover his or her expenses at Fayetteville State University?
- My student did not receive enough financial aid to cover all of his or her expenses at Fayetteville State University. Do I have any other options?
- I changed my mind, and no longer wish to take out a Direct Parent PLUS loan for my student. How do I cancel my Parent PLUS loan?
- I do not want the excess funds from the Parent PLUS loan to go to my student. What are my options?
- Where can I find information concerning campus safety?
- How does my student set up direct deposit to receive their refund if eligible?
- Why is School Servicing Center requesting my tax transcripts?
- How can I retrieve a copy of my tax transcript?
1. Can I inquire about my student's financial aid status on their behalf?
Answer: Yes, if your student signs the FERPA consent form.
Click here to obtain a FERPA consent form.
2. Can you please tell me where I can find more information about the different offices on campus?
Answer: Below, we have included some departments on campus and their contact information for you to assist your student.
|Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Committed to providing our students and families with assistance and information about the financial aid process from the time the FAFSA application is submitted, until the student receives his or her financial aid award offer.
|Office of Student Accounts
Supports the University's educational goals through the correct assessment of student fees, collections, and receipting the University funds.
910.672.2606 (Cashier's Office)
|Office of the Registrar
Handles student records, processes registration requests, schedules classes and maintains class lists, enforces the rules for entering or leaving classes, and keeps a permanent record of grades and transcripts.
|Department of Residence Life
Creates a safe, supportive and inclusive living-learning community that fosters the academic success and personal growth of each resident student through purposeful programs and services that complement the educational experience at FSU.
|Bronco One Card Office
Assists students with applying funds to their Bronco Express account (use funds at any convenience stores on campus and laundry services for dorm), meal plan registration, obtain a student ID, reset keys to access to resident halls.
|Student Health Services
Promote and maintain conditions that are conducive for healthy living, guide and encourage students to accept health as a positive value of life, and stimulate an interest in students to make healthy choices.
Enjoy a wide variety or delicious food offerings including grill favorites from Bronco Grill, Java City from ecoGrounds, grab and go items from C3 Express, and traditional home-style entrees, authentic international cuisine, or made to order wraps/salads from RJSC Dining Hall.
A fully accredited law enforcement agency with powers identical to those of municipal police agencies. The Department provides services designed to enhance the personal safety of the campus community.
|910.672.1341 (routine) 910.672.1911(emergency)
|Office of Student Engagement
Responsible for planning and executing programs to enhance learning, campus life, and school spirit.
|Advisement & Transfer Services
Assist new and current students with advisement and transfer services.
3. I received an email and/or correspondence from SSC (School Servicing Center)/CFI (College Foundation Incorporated). What is my next step?
Answer: In order to better serve your student, the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid has partnered with SSC/CFI to complete verification for the 2016-2017, and 2017-2018 aid years. If your student receives an email or letter from SSC/CFI, please respond immediately to SSC/CFI.
4. What is cost of attendance (COA), and how does it affect my student?
Answer: The cost of attendance is the total direct and indirect cost as defined by Fayetteville State University for each student. Your student's cost of attendance cannot be increased to cover lifestyle choices. In addition, your student's total financial aid award cannot exceed the cost of attendance.
5. How do I know if my student received enough financial aid to cover his or her expenses at Fayetteville State University?
Answer: Please contact the Office of Student Accounts at 910.672.1155, and the representative will be able to assist you with questions about tuition and fee charges.
6. My student did not receive enough financial aid to cover all of his or her expenses at Fayetteville State University. Do I have any other options?
Answer: Yes, you may apply for a Direct Parent PLUS loan. To find out more information about the Direct Parent PLUS loan, please visit: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans/plus.To apply for a Direct Parent PLUS loan, please follow the steps below:Go to www.studentloans.gov siteClick on the LOG IN button, and enter your (parent) FSA ID, then select the "Request a PLUS Loan" option and follow the instructions.Also, please see Student Accounts for information on monthly payment plans.
7. I changed my mind, and no longer wish to take out a Direct Parent PLUS loan for my student. How do I cancel my Direct Parent PLUS loan?
Answer: To cancel your Direct Parent PLUS loan, you will need to submit the request to cancel in writing to the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid.
8. I do not want the excess funds from the Direct Parent PLUS loan to go to my student. What are my options?
Answer: If your Direct Parent PLUS loan created a credit balance on your student's account, you have the option to accept the refund or have the refund be issued to your student. You can specify the recipient of excess funds during the application process.
9. Where can I find information concerning campus safety?
Answer: Your student's safety and wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us at Fayetteville State University. Please go to Campus Safety, and you can view Clery Security Alerts, Annual Campus Security and Fire Reports, Daily Crime Logs etc...
10. How does my student set up direct deposit to receive their funds if eligible ?
Answer: Please visit Heartland ECSI at: https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/gettingstarted to be set up with direct deposit for student refunds if eligible.
11. Why is School Servicing Center requesting my tax transcript?
Answer: In order to complete your student's verification process, School Servicing Center must verify all elements reported on your student's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for accuracy. Without your tax transcript, School Servicing Center will not be able to move forward with your student's verification process.
12. How can I retrieve my tax transcript?
Answer: A 2016 IRS Tax Return Transcript may be obtained through:Get Transcript by MAIL - Go to www.irs.gov, under the Tools heading, click "Get a tax transcript." Click "Get Transcript by MAIL." Make sure to request the "IRS Tax Return Transcript" and NOT the "IRS Tax Account Transcript." The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS's receipt of the online request.Get Transcript ONLINE - Go to www.irs.gov, under the Tools heading, click "Get a tax transcript." Click "Get Transcript ONLINE." Make sure to request the "IRS Tax Return Transcript" and NOT the "IRS Tax Account Transcript."To use the Get Transcript Online tool, the user must have (1) access to a valid email address, (2) a text-enabled mobile phone (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used) in the user's name, and (3) specific financial account numbers (such as a credit card number or an account number for a home mortgage or auto loan). The transcript displays online upon successful completion of the IRS's two-step authentication. Automated Telephone Request - 1-800-908-9946. Transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS's receipt of the telephone request.Paper Request Form - IRS Form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T. The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS's receipt of the paper request form.